Substitute Problems

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by taryn_liz, Nov 7, 2010.

1. taryn_liz

taryn_liz Rookie

Nov 7, 2010

This is long...sorry. I was sick this last Thursday and Friday with a sinus and double ear infection. On Thursday, they had three different teachers throughout the day in my room. I went in Friday morning to type up lesson plans for the day, while running a 102 temp. I accidentally forgot to change the time for specials from our Wednesday time (the last time I used the template was on a Wednesday). There was an aide in my room to get the day started, and my sub wasn't called until after school had started. So she gets there, the time is wrong, and she goes to the office secretary and doesn't know what to do. The secretary says to just wing it. So she takes my sub plans, which were accurate except that one mistake, and doesn't look at the rest. To say the least, the rest of the day was a disaster. Should I be worried about this mistake being a big one? It's only my second year teaching, and the first mistake I've made with a sub. I'm kind of worried now, even though I know I probably shouldn't be. What do you guys think? Did I make a huge mistake?

3. bros

bros Phenom

Nov 7, 2010

I am sure that they understand, you probably were not very coherent at the time you typed up the plans.

4. Em_Catz

Em_Catz Devotee

Nov 7, 2010

I agree. I don't think they will comem down to hard on you. If anything, your principal should be pleased that you put your own illness on the backburner to write up plans for your students.

When we had a teacher last year get pnemonia, she was so ill that she couldn't write plans leaving us on the team to scramble and put stuff together for her. We understoood and weren't upset by it.