Subscription websites you can't live without

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Jerseygirlteach, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Jerseygirlteach

Jerseygirlteach Groupie

Nov 1, 2013

The thread about superteacherworksheets got me thinking...What fee based websites are you or your school willing to pay for?

For me:

My school purchases a subscription to brainpopjr.com and raz-kids.com. I use brainpop about once a week and raz-kids almost every day.

I also have a subscription to superteacherworksheets that I absolutely couldn't live with out. I have subscribed to edhelper in the past, but didn't renew it this year.

You?

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Nov 1, 2013

I use brainpopjr a lot.:thumb:

Superteacher

Enchantedlearning

4. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Nov 1, 2013

I use brainpopjr a lot as well!
    I have a subscription to teacherfilebox, which I have used more in years past than now, and will probably allow to expire this year.
    I like superteacher, but not enough to buy a subscription, lol.
    For a while, I was a subscription nut - I also had edhelper, teachervision, and a digital subscription to teachershelper.

5. Bloom

Bloom Companion

Nov 1, 2013

I love superteacherworksheets....saves me everyday when I need some quick work with answer keys for practice! A co-worker generously offered me a free edhelper subscription, so I am eager to check that out!

6. yellowdaisies

yellowdaisies Fanatic

Nov 2, 2013

My school pays for BrainPopJr, and I love it.

I paid for Reading A to Z myself - best $80 (or $90? I forget) I ever spent.

7. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Nov 2, 2013

Honestly, I make up most of my own worksheets.

It just seems faster to make one up than to find exactly the right one.

8. smurfette

smurfette Habitué

Nov 2, 2013

The ones our school pays for and teachers can't live without are Brainpop/Brainpop Jr., and Reading A-Z. We also love that our district pays for Discovery Streaming and World Book Online. Those are the ones we can't live without.

Our school also pays for Istation and IXL, but some teachers like those more than others.

9. ready2learn

ready2learn Comrade

Nov 2, 2013

I use brainpop occasionally.

Although I haven't paid for the subscription this year yet, I am also a big fan of USAtestprep.

10. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Nov 2, 2013

I subscribe to edhelper and have subscribed to RAZ in the past. I'm thinking of taking out a subscription again. Being a new school, we have limited guided reading resources, particularly for the older grades, so it certainly be worth my money.

11. readingrules12

readingrules12 Aficionado

Nov 2, 2013

Aliceacc,
    Which software program do use to make most of your math worksheets? I would like to make my own for some of the math standards.

12. Jerseygirlteach

Jerseygirlteach Groupie

Nov 2, 2013

raz-kids/learning a-z is virtually my entire reading program. I have the kids in leveled groups (sometimes we switch around, though) and we use the leveled book printables to read in guided reading groups. The kids also read independently on raz-kids.com. I have zero other guided reading materials so this works really well for us.

13. Peregrin5

Peregrin5 Maven

Nov 2, 2013

I've used Teachers Pay Teachers for this elective that I'm teaching for the first time this year. A lot of the stuff has been useful in a pinch, but sometimes the "Full-Year Plans" are actually only enough for half a quarter.

For science I make up all of my own stuff, but I love my subscription to the NSTA "ScienceScope" publication. It gives me great ideas I can use in my class (usually strategies and things, not worksheets). Like using wikis in class for differentiation, how to implement debate and argumentation into science, etc.

14. Myrisophilist

Myrisophilist Habitué

Nov 2, 2013

New York Times. I love reading the articles and opinion pieces and watching their videos for personal and professional benefit.

15. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Nov 2, 2013

Although I wouldn't say I can't live without it, the one site I pay for is Flocabulary. There are several videos on there I enjoy showing my kids, in particular one about Ecosystems I show in science, and some of the grammar ones. There are many free videos on there too, but some that I like are only available with the subscription. Plus sometimes I show my own children the "week in rap" as a way to let them know what's happening in te world.

16. alilisa

alilisa Habitué

Nov 3, 2013

tumblebooks! Love it plus it has the comprehension quiz at the end to see if kids were paying attention to the story! :)

17. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Nov 3, 2013

Superteacherworksheets...
    I did the reading a to z when they used to have their freebie weeks
    I like to come up with my own stuff as well, but some just cover or emphasize stuff I' already went over.

18. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Nov 4, 2013

Love Tumblebooks! Our school always purchases a subscription so all of our students have access at school and at home.

19. Rockguykev

Rockguykev Connoisseur

Nov 4, 2013

Only ones I subscribe to are creativity tools like Animoto, animation factory and Powtoon. I really don't understand paying for worksheet databases when there are so many good frees ones out there (Betterlesson and sharemylesson come to mind) and none of them fit exactly what I want anyway. I'd rather pay for the tools that make my stuff better than pay for someone else's tools they made for their kids.

20. smurfette

smurfette Habitué

Nov 4, 2013

Ah, forgot about Tumblebooks. Our primary teachers love this one.

21. thirdgradebuzz

thirdgradebuzz Comrade

Nov 4, 2013

If my school didn't provide Reading A-Z and RAZ Kids, I'd consider paying for it myself. It's that good.

I don't currently pay for any subscription sites.

22. Pencil Monkey

Pencil Monkey Devotee

Nov 6, 2013

I use edhelper. I like the custom math ws options.