subscription sites worth it?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by rissyreel, Jul 28, 2007.

1. rissyreel

rissyreel Rookie

Jul 28, 2007

Hi all,

I was wondering if any of you subscribe to any of the teacher sites (edhelper.com, abcteach.com, etc.)?
    If so, are they worth it? Which ones are the best?

Thanks! :D

3. LuvTchng

LuvTchng Companion

Jul 28, 2007

My school has subscriptions to quite a few of those sites, which allows all teachers in the building to access them as much as we want. I think ABCteach is pretty good. I've found quite a few good reproducibles on there. I had a TeacherVision subscription some years ago and I was reasonably satisfied with it, but didn't renew.

4. ruralneteach

ruralneteach Rookie

Jul 28, 2007

Teacher Toolbox

I've recently subscribed to Evan-Moor's Teacher Toolbox. So far I have been really pleased, but I tend to like all of their stuff anyway. I've also done Enchanted Learning and A to Z Vocab. I subscribed to enchanted learning about five years ago for a year, but my login and password still work. I don't use it much except for holiday printables.

5. CheleOh

CheleOh Rookie

Jul 28, 2007

I enjoy edhelper. I don't use it a LOT, but it's great for grabbing a quick activity page or something - especially for days that I'm out and the kids will have a guest teacher.

6. SouthernTeach

SouthernTeach Companion

Jul 28, 2007

I have a subscription to edhelper and I enjoy it. I have heard a lot of good things about Enchanted Learning.

7. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Jul 28, 2007

I have enchanted learning, edhelper, and evan moore. I find them especially helpful because I teach 6 grade levels and I don't have textbooks for most of what I teach.

8. BASAM

BASAM Comrade

Jul 28, 2007

I also have Evan Moor File Box, Ed helper, and abcteach and I love them all. A free website that had good math worksheets is softschools.com, you can get really specific on the value of the problem. They also have other subjects you can choose from but I have never looked at them.
    They are also a good option if you don't have a lot of personal teacher workbooks to pull from.

9. uclalum

uclalum Groupie

Jul 28, 2007

I also suscribe to Evan Moor's Teacher Toolbox and I love it!!! It's kins of expensive ($10 a month) but completely worth it when you consider how much one of their books cost at Lakeshore ($13).
    It gives you unlimited access to all of their resources. Yes, you can download a whole book! Lots of resources on the Civil War, American Revolution, Matter, Periodic Table, Human Body, Reader's Theater, etc.

10. katydid205

katydid205 Companion

Jul 28, 2007

My school has BrainPop and BrainPop Jr. Those two are awesome sites. Also United Streaming is the BEST SITE IN THE WORLD!!! I love it!
    I have teachnology.com and don't recommend that one. It was $30 for one year, but they NEVER change any of their stuff, so it was great the first week, and after that I am very disappointed. I had enchanted learning and that was good, too.

11. dumbdiety

dumbdiety Comrade

Jul 29, 2007

My school subscribes to unitedstreaming.com. WONDERFUL site for videos on pretty much anything.

12. azteacher3

azteacher3 Companion

Jul 29, 2007

My school pays for a readingatoz.com membership. I use it all the time!

13. BASAM

BASAM Comrade

Jul 29, 2007

You can download free leveled readers from readingatoz.com also

14. Mable

Mable Enthusiast

Jul 29, 2007