Submit lesson plans to principal?

Discussion in 'Special Education' started by Teachnewbie12, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Teachnewbie12

Teachnewbie12 Rookie

Aug 1, 2011

I just visited my school for the first time today, and learned a little bit about what my job entails. Everything is inclusion, and I have six students 1st-3rd grade. My principal wants lesson plans to be submitted a week in advance every Monday.

For my first full week of school, what would you suggest be in the Lps? Would I only be teaching to what is in the child's IEP? Sorry if these questions seem sort of idiotic! I have only had experience in self contained instructional skills setting. This is very new to me! AND if I only have to provide services to one child in a classroom, would there still be co-teaching? ( I've never actually co-taught)

For those who are inclusion, what actually goes on where you are? I almost feel like I will be a glorified assistant. My office is also the stage that is attached to the gymnasium- I only have the curtain dividing me from lunch and P.E.

3. chicagoturtle

chicagoturtle Fanatic

Aug 1, 2011

I work in a team-teaching model. I am with the same teacher all day however. We do all our plans together. We plan for accommodations and modifications when we plan. We also tweak lessons on the spot as needed for all kids.

4. Special-t

Special-t Enthusiast

Aug 1, 2011

There are many different co-teaching models. You may want to ask your gen ed teacher what he/she is accustomed to.

As far as the lesson plans go, you could ask your gen ed teacher for a copy of the plan he's submitting and then attach your possible accommodations for each student according to the IEP.

5. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Aug 2, 2011

I send my ESE teacher my lesson plans ahead of time. She checks through them, makes notes about what she'll be doing for her students, and then forwards them to the AP.