Subject bulletin boards

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by jlj, Jul 30, 2013.

1. jlj

jlj Devotee

Jul 30, 2013

How do you set up your boards and how often do you change them? Are your boards more informational such as letters/numbers of week, anchor charts, etc. or student's work? I'm in a combo K/1st grade class with one large BB. Any suggestions?

3. Lynn K.

Lynn K. Habitué

Jul 30, 2013

In the past, I only had two boards, and they didn't change at all during the year. One was over the library - posters and sayings having to do with reading. The other was my math rotation schedule.

This year I have a TON of boards! I plan to use at least some for student work and some of them will be left open for anchor charts. I hope to still have some that are just for fun!

4. jlj

jlj Devotee

Jul 31, 2013

Does anyone use the Smeken reading icons on a BB in 1st grade? I like the idea but wondering about in 1st.
    Where do you hang anchor charts and how long do you leave them up?

5. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jul 31, 2013

I have one board for student work, one for calendar/information, one for science (I teach the chem rotation so it will be a periodic table and vocab), and a word wall. I'll also have a timeline going around the top of my room. We'll create anchor charts-I need to find places for them!

6. CFClassroom

CFClassroom Connoisseur

Jul 31, 2013

I use all of my classroom boards for resources. I have a board in the hall that I change often and use to display student work. I also created space in the classroom (though not a BB) for pictures and student work.

7. waterfall

waterfall Maven

Jul 31, 2013

Last year in 3rd I had one to display student work that I changed maybe once a month. I had one as a "focus wall" (part of our storytown curriculum for reading) that I changed once a week. I had one with info/calendar that I changed as needed and a small math vocab one that I changed for each new unit. I kept the same paper and borders up all year- I HATE papering bulletin boards!

Last time in sped I had a nice big room with lots of space...I had a "high quality work" board that I just added student work to throughout the year and one that displayed some type of recent/seasonal project that I changed about once a month. All of my others were permanent. I had one with touch math visuals, one with phonics, and one with student goal charts on it. I'm not sure what my room situation is this year...honestly if I have a closet all to myself I'll be happy! I know the room I had before was so untypical of sped. I'm just hoping I don't have to share with other providers.

8. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Jul 31, 2013