Subbing Interview Follow UP

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by ST13, Aug 18, 2012.

1. ST13

ST13 Companion

Aug 18, 2012

Hi, last week I had an interview for a subbing position. It was a group interview and it seemed to go well. We were told that after our references/background info was checked we would get a substitute packet with all the information we needed.

I know that for general teaching interviews it is a good idea to send a thank you note a few days after. However, since this interview was very straightforward and it seemed like we were pretty much all getting hired...I figured it might not be necessary to send anything.

Well, now I'm starting to second guess myself. It's almost been a week and I haven't heard anything. Should I have sent a thank you note? Is it too late to send one now? Am I just being paranoid?

This was my first interview so I really am not sure what to expect and what is "normal"

any advice would be great!

3. Mathemagician

Mathemagician Groupie

Aug 18, 2012

I think it'd be goofy to send one for that.

4. bridgetbordeaux

bridgetbordeaux Companion

Aug 18, 2012

Thank you notes are never goofy. I think it's up to you.
    Probably not expected but it won't hurt. (IMO)

5. Jen84

Jen84 Companion

Aug 18, 2012

I sent a thank you note after my substitute teacher interview. Since it's almost been a week, you could try contacting the district to see where they are in the process.

6. Milsey

Milsey Habitué

Aug 18, 2012

Why do you have to interview to be a sub? They should thank you for coming in when they were stuck !

7. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 18, 2012

Milsey..some school districts have informational sessions and/or interviews for subs. One does what one has to to get a job.

8. AlwaysAttend

AlwaysAttend Fanatic

Aug 18, 2012

I'm sure you'll be fine, I wouldn't worry. If you are really nervous you can call and ask for a status update but I wouldn't do that until a few weeks into the semester. Keep in mind, the BOE may have to approve all the subs at a BOE meeting so that could be the hold up. You shouldn't go to the meeting, its procedural.

9. ciounoi

ciounoi Cohort

Aug 18, 2012

In my experience, it was probably a form interview. Unless you demonstrated severe issues during the interview, you're a shoe-in. In my opinion, it's not necessary to send a thank-you note - think of this particular type of interview as just a step in the hiring process, kind of like doing paperwork. :)

Whenever I was put on the sub list for a new district, it would always take a few weeks for them to put me in the system. That probably explains the delay. You can always call HR if you are really interested!

10. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Aug 18, 2012

Relax and check your wardrobe for the first day outfit
    that would say, "Hey! I am here because I want to make a BIG positive difference!"
    Good luck,
    Rebel1

11. ST13

ST13 Companion

Aug 18, 2012

Thanks so much for the advice! I'm gonna just wait another week and see what happens!