Subbing in the Library/Media Center Elementary

Discussion in 'Substitute Teachers' started by always_learning, Sep 1, 2008.

1. always_learning

always_learning Rookie

Sep 1, 2008

I just accepted my first sub job and it will be in the Media Center. Is there anyone that can give me a run down of what I might expect?

At this point I don't know what grade levels may come to the library this day of the week. What I remember of the library years ago was reading books to the classes...:blush:

3. terptoteacher

terptoteacher Connoisseur

Sep 1, 2008

I absolutely LOVED subbing in the library!! If there's an assistant--all the better!
    I would get to check the students books in, read them a story, help them find books and send them on their way. During the down times I would shelve books.

The hardest part was dealing with the technology. Easiest day ever!

4. stepka

stepka Comrade

Sep 1, 2008

Our school's library had a bank of computers in it, and I had to go thru and check periodically to make sure they weren't doing *****--the kids would try to sneak in at lunchtime to get on there and access those sites with a sub.

5. always_learning

always_learning Rookie

Sep 11, 2008

I just wanted to report back that my first sub assignment was so much fun :D It worked out there were no classes coming in that day but individual and small groups of children walked down to check in and out books. My librarian left great instructions and I just shelved books for the morning. :thumb:

6. mandagap06

mandagap06 Devotee

Sep 11, 2008

Sounds boring!! I liked subbing in the library but there seemed to be a lot of down time for me and I got bored during downtime. I was not in school when I subbed in there so I have no college homework to do so nothing. It was a good day!