Sub System Issues

Discussion in 'Substitute Teachers' started by gutterballjen, Apr 28, 2010.

1. gutterballjen

gutterballjen Comrade

Apr 28, 2010

I'm really starting to get annoyed with our online sub system. At 10pm, calls for the next day stop and all of the jobs are put online. However, it's incredibly difficult to access the website once the jobs are released.

My browser just sits there and says it's loading, but it really doesn't do anything. I've tried at midnight, and even 2am before and I'm lucky if I can even get to the sign in page. Seriously? What if there are jobs for me, but I can't get in to accept them? Are there really THAT many subs in my district that we crash the site every single night?

I hear that a lot of classes go without a sub for the day, I wonder how often this happens because of the website.

Does anyone else have this problem?

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Apr 29, 2010

Could you drop a note and some business cards to each of the schools you sub in, explaining the issue and leaving your contact info?

I figure it couldn't hurt.

4. azure

azure Companion

Apr 29, 2010

We don't have that problem with AESOP.

5. waffles

waffles Companion

Apr 29, 2010

It doesn't do that to me, and I have the page reload pretty quickly when I look at it.

As far as I know though around here classes don't go without a sub unless there are more openings than subs available. But I have heard teachers talking about how if the school's allotment of sub days are used up they'll split classes and go without a sub.

And that's just wonderful for everyone...

6. gutterballjen

gutterballjen Comrade

Apr 29, 2010

I wish we used ASEOP. Right now we use a SEMS based system and obviously it's not working to well.

7. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Apr 29, 2010

Would it help to try a different web browser? Maybe your cache is getting overloaded or something.

8. mandagap06

mandagap06 Devotee

Apr 29, 2010

So thankful that I go teachers, aides, or office staff needing a sub go directly to my cell # or ask me when they see me at the school!!

9. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Apr 29, 2010

The system my districts use doesn't ever let you pick up jobs on-line. Teachers can directly request you and put you in, list you as a preferred sub and you get called a few times before anyone else does or the system calls substitutes randomly depending on your scores for each certification area between 6pm and 10pm for future assignments and starting at 5:30am the day of.

10. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Apr 30, 2010

gutterballjen, If this happened to me for even a couple nights, I'd ask personnel about it, so hopefully you've voiced your concern to them. What did they say? If they say there's nothing anyone can do, then I guess that's all the more reason for you to make yourself be known out there by handing out business cards & even flyers in all the teachers' mailboxes when you sub that day. Therefore, more will tend to request you & you can accept w/o worrying as much as trying to grab jobs along w/ everyone else.

Good luck!

11. PCdiva

PCdiva Connoisseur

May 3, 2010

Are you using Internet Explorer? How about trying Mozilla Firefox?

Also does your SEMS system have a 1-800 # you can call to pick up jobs? When we used Smartfind Express we had one, Now that we have AESOP there is also one....this way you call the number and then it will tell you if there is an available job.