sub put on inactive status

Discussion in 'Substitute Teachers' started by vsimpkins, Jan 8, 2014.

1. vsimpkins

vsimpkins Comrade

Jan 8, 2014

I was discontinued subbing for a district A, as I worked as a teacher for 6 years and substituted for 10 years. During the 10 years I received 4 unsatisfactory ratings from 4 different teachers. I tried to get into a internship for special ed credential with another district B and I was put on inactive status due to the other district discontinuing my substituting. I am going to call the district A tomorrow to see what exactly was stated on the letter of confidentiality that was sent to District B. I know that another district cannot say anything derogatory against me. When I find this information, I need to submit a argumentative letter to the committee for District B. Has anyone been in this kind of problem before?:help::help:

3. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jan 8, 2014

You taught as a fully certified teacher for six years in District A.

Then subbed for ten years for District A.

During your ten years of subbing, you had four unsatisfactories and was removed from the list because of those ratings.

You tried to complete a special ed intern in District B, but they didn't like that you were removed from the sub list in District A so they said you couldn't complete the internship with them.

Is this all correct? If so, one question so I can understand better. Is this internship something your college requires?

From what I gather, I'm not sure I would write an "argumentative" letter to District B. I doubt they will change their minds and they are under no obligation to accept interns (I wouldn't imagine). Can you intern in another district?

4. vsimpkins

vsimpkins Comrade

Jan 8, 2014

I was substituting for 3 districts and a charter school, as I wanted to make sure I was busy. This internship was offered by District B and I filled out the necessary paperwork and has a writing assignment, taught a lesson and has a interview with recruiter. Then I receive a call from the sub unit and was told I was put on inactive. I was told to call the HR director and he just told me something on my application was incorrect. I thought I just forgot to show an end year for District A as it happened a few days before. So I resubmit the resume and state what happened with that district A. I was just trying to get a full time job and thought going into an internship would help.:confused: