Sub Plans

Discussion in 'Multiage' started by EMonkey, Sep 5, 2011.

1. EMonkey

EMonkey Connoisseur

Sep 5, 2011

How do you set up sub plans for your multiage class. I am feeling overwhelmed by just developing my own plans right now much less ones any sub can do. What are some general methods you might use if you have no clue who the sub will be? I just want to have a basic set ready to go in case I am not in so I am not leaving the sub completely guessing or getting directions from the kids, one that makes sure the work includes all the children. I have written hundreds of sub plans; but this one feels more complicated. :blush:

3. Ambrosegirl84

Ambrosegirl84 Companion

Sep 7, 2011

I type up a couple pages detailing what will happen in each subject and grade and at what time. I have the pages all marked in my teacher manuals and the copies made. For example, I'd put 10:00: 2nd grade Phonics (tell which lesson and assignment), 4th and 5th grade language (tell which lesson and assignment). 10:30: Reading groups (tell what to do). The kids are also used to their routine, so that they can help the sub out, as well.

It takes me a while to get everything all planned out, which makes it more difficult to be gone than to be there, but helps the sub!

4. teegardenk

teegardenk New Member

May 1, 2013

I was a sub. It would have been very helpful if teachers had told me which students to look to for advice. I know that is sort of like playing favorites but because the children tend to take advantage when they know you are unsure, you really need to know who is likely to tell the truth.

5. HorseLover

HorseLover Comrade

May 2, 2013

I agree with this. I have heard of other teachers who do this and know that, if I were a sub, I would really appreciate knowing which students I could "trust" :)

6. HorseLover

HorseLover Comrade

May 2, 2013

oops just realized that this was an old post, haha :eek: