Sub lesson plans

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Lindsnh, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Lindsnh

Lindsnh Companion

Jan 25, 2009

This is my first year teaching and I have not missed a day yet. Well this week the K-2nd grade teachers at my school have to go to an all day training. The office had to get subs for all the classes. The one they got for me I am not familiar with, so I hope he does okay....we have had some horrible subs this year so I am nervous! I need some extra activities I can have him to with the kids time fillers just in case.
    I am not a huge fan of worksheets but I dont mind it for a day. We are doing money in math and I rather not have him take out my money manipulatives since I wont be in the room to monitor. Does anyone have any ideas?

3. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Jan 25, 2009

Give the boy a chance!:D
    Leave out the MM AND see IF he can handle it.
    You are going to make it harder for him to learn and to grow up to be a GREAT teacher like you. You better run him some money worksheets since you don't want to leave out the MM.
    Give him a chance,:cool:
    Rebel1

4. Lindsnh

Lindsnh Companion

Jan 25, 2009

I will make the worksheets, but he it not going to school to be a teacher. He is the brother of one of our custodians, he is in his 60's. In our district as long as you dont have a criminal record you can sub..they dont give you a test or anything!:eek:

5. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Jan 26, 2009

DON'T leave your manipulatives out for him, instead, leave plenty of worksheets!

6. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Jan 26, 2009

WHAT!?! In that case forget it! Leave him worksheets.
    We had to have a BS of BA in order to be on the Sub list for the District I'm subbing in; WHEN I can catch the phone messages, OR I don't feel like going to my daily job.:D
    Hope everything works out,
    Rebel1