Sub binder printables?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by whollyconsumed, Aug 22, 2015.

1. whollyconsumed

whollyconsumed Companion

Aug 22, 2015

I am looking for some fun printables for my sub binder. My principal just wants them to be occupied and happy in the case of an emergency. I am looking for things where they could create something simple, maybe some math facts, writing prompts, etc. I teach 3rd grade and am open to suggestions. I just want to work smarter, not harder.

3. vickilyn

vickilyn Magnifico

4. whollyconsumed

whollyconsumed Companion

Aug 23, 2015

Thank you so much! I am combing through. I am open to hearing what others are doing as well.

5. applecore

applecore Devotee

Aug 23, 2015

Last year I had to leave for a family emergency and leave my students with a Title Aid until a sub could come. Thankfully they knew exactly where my "Sub Plans for Emergencies ONLY" were---Right behind my desk on a shelf marked "Sub Plans for Emergencies ONLY".

It's a binder (you've probably seen a few on Pinterest) with...

A list of student names for attendance and lunch count--brief directions on how to take care of those.

What do to with SpEd or other students misbehaving---usually the contact numbers to call.

A copy of my master schedule for my class--it has what we do, when we do it.

And finally, a section for each of the areas with papers from Super Teachers...

Reading---Super T has AWESOME comprehension stories for all grade levels---worth the $20 yearly fee. I also include a picture book or chapter book tucked in the pocket for them to read aloud and the students to AR test.

Math---Fact practice pages and workbook pages labeled "Reteach" from our curriculum (that part's new this year for me since we've adopted a new curriculum).

I also leave an explict note about the use of our iPads in the classroom and any other technology---students get to use MyOn to read and take AR tests, as well as access Front Row (that's new for me too this year).

I also leave a few mandala coloring pages for the students to get to color while the sub reads aloud the story--if it's a chapter book.

Hope that helps!