Sub bag ideas

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by teach2heart, Aug 31, 2006.

1. teach2heart

teach2heart Rookie

Aug 31, 2006

Does anyone have suggestions for lesson ideas to bring while subbing? :confused: I was thinking of putting together a bag/notebook of ideas for grade levels K-6 for situations where they may not be lesson plans or some extra time. Any suggestions would be great! :love: I was also planning to put together book bags to bring with me to have out for students who finish their work early. :thanks:

3. jd123

jd123 Cohort

Aug 31, 2006

There's a book called The Anti-Coloring Book -can be found in bookstores. The book has pages of incomplete drawings, with prompts under the picture. For ex., a picture of an empty medal- underneath it says "award yourself a medal for what you know you do best." Or a picture of a living room rug "You're the only one who knows this is a magic carpet..." Of course, the students draw to complete the picture. I'll be copying several of these to bring with me.

4. teresaglass

teresaglass Groupie

Aug 31, 2006

Get the Substitiute Survival book by Jossey -Bass Publications. You might want to invest in 2 or 3 sub books for elementary students. They will have worksheets on different subjects you can copy. Bring extra paper, crayons, pencilis, markers , construction paper sp you will have school supplies. Hope this helps! Terry G.

5. Suburban Gal

Suburban Gal (formerly Elizabeth) Banned

6. Mrs_Barrett

Mrs_Barrett Cohort

Aug 31, 2006

When I use to sub, I just put lots of books in my bag. I was able to know at least either the day before or that morning. I then did class activities with the books.

7. teach2heart

teach2heart Rookie

Aug 31, 2006

Thank you all for the great ideas! I can't wait to use them in the classroom :)

8. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Aug 31, 2006

I know a bunch of subs who bring brain quest decks... get the one that has questions from all grade levels. Great for picking tables to line up first or just filling time. :)

9. TeacherC

TeacherC Connoisseur

Sep 1, 2006

I would put a change of clothes in your car (in case you are asked to sub. for the gym teacher last minute), bring asprin, and bring a lunch that doesn't need to stay too cold or be heated up...like salad or something. There is not always a good time-or place- to eat!

10. stephanie90102

stephanie90102 Rookie

Sep 6, 2006

Save!