Studying for more than 1 Exam

Discussion in 'Single Subject Tests' started by jyusae, Jun 11, 2012.

1. jyusae

jyusae Rookie

Jun 11, 2012

Hi! I forgot to mention this - I'm taking (2) Praxis II Exams and I'm a little lost on how I should study since I have a few days left until the testing day.

So far there are 3 possibilities:
    - study both subjects on the same day
    - study Subject A on Mon, Subject B on Tues, back to Subject A, etc.
    - study Subject A for one week, then Subject B the next week

Which sounds better? I've been alternating my days to studying and I'm starting to feel like the information will eventually get clustered together and confuse me. And I know this is a silly question since college requires us to study for multiple tests on the same day and I'm familiar with it. But it's like teaching myself a subject that I would usually learn and practice, during a semester.

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jun 11, 2012

I suspect the answer to this question is going to vary from test taker to test taker. It's certainly a question I'd hesitate to answer without knowing more about the subjects, the test taker, and the-subjects-and-the-text-taker.

4. AlwaysAttend

AlwaysAttend Fanatic

Jun 11, 2012

Seconded

5. cby1224

cby1224 Companion

Jun 12, 2012

I can give you my experience about studying for more than one test at once. Like the others have said, everyone is different and in my opinion, it really depends on the content you are studying. The times I have taken more than one test on a given test day, the content was closely related (Chemistry/Biology/General Science).

My test prep breaks down something like this:
    On a calendar, I plan out each chapter(s) that I will review (from my study sources) in Chemistry. I also will give a couple of days after each week to review with the TAAG and make additions notes pertaining to the TAAG. I will do this until I have completed my study for this content area.

I then follow the same format for the second content area (General Science).

After I have completed these weeks of study, then I begin to review weak areas, my notes from my TAAG that I made, and I take any practice test that I might have. This takes the rest of my time until test day. (Most of the time I alternate content areas every couple of days)

In all this takes me ~4-6 weeks to prep for two test and that includes studying at min. 4 hours per day on average.

I know there are people who do not recommend taking more than one test in a day and the prep definately isn't easy, but it can be done. Good luck with your test prep :).

6. harun55

harun55 Rookie

Jul 4, 2012

I think it is on your's capability and I would prefer second possibility in which you have to study both subject in alternate.

7. chasisaac

chasisaac Comrade

Jul 14, 2012

It will vary based on you. I would suggest AM subject 1, PM subject 2.

IT also depends on close the subjects are related. I have taken two social studies on the same day. I have had two science on the same day. And two maths on same day.

If I were studying Social Studies (my strength) and Math for same day, I would place 80% into math. I really did not study to hard for the three Social Studies tests lowest score was 180. Of course I really know social studies.