Study materials for 0011 and 0012

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by samanthamaren, Dec 26, 2007.

1. samanthamaren

samanthamaren Rookie

Dec 26, 2007

I am getting ready to take two elementary praxis tests. I already have my license to teach middle school, and am just extending my license. However, I only took tests for science and social studies. I feel very unprepared for the language arts and math portions (especially the 0012 test). I have the praxis study guides, but they don't teach the material. Does anyone have any good suggestions on what can teach the instructional best practices and such (good college text books or websites)? I would appreciate any help any one has! I am trying to take it in April, but trying to do my first year of teaching and study for 2 praxis tests is just really difficult! Thanks in advance!

3. mommyre

mommyre Comrade

Dec 28, 2007

4. samanthamaren

samanthamaren Rookie

Dec 28, 2007

Thanks a bunch! I will check these out right away!

5. Mrs.Rhinochunks

Mrs.Rhinochunks Companion

Dec 28, 2007

You will be fine! The multiple choice portion is very common sense and if you can construct a well organized five paragraph essay and support your ideas well you will do fine on the essay portion. Remember... there is not ONE right answer for an essay.

6. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Dec 28, 2007

To be precise, answers can vary provided you can justify yours. Evidence, evidence, evidence!

7. samanthamaren

samanthamaren Rookie

Dec 30, 2007

Ok, that makes me feel better. I took the PLT for middle school so at least I am familiar with the format. I just have so little math training! But, I think I am just panicking! Thanks for the advice. I will practice and check out those sites.