Students with the need to create..are you keeping up with THEM?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by McKennaL, Aug 31, 2009.

1. McKennaL

McKennaL Groupie

Aug 31, 2009

This is (currently) one of my favorite videos.

This is a young man in New York by the name of Nicholi White. He has creativity coming out of his ears! What would you do with a child like THIS????

No computer at home...but can he make videos and become an internet sensation?? SURE!

How? Head to the Apple Store in New York and PERFORM!!

THIS kid.... would be front and center in my productions! But it once again begs the question... are you asking enough of your children ..creativity-wise?

They DO have it in them... let them SOAR!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3be6D18ExPg&feature=related

3. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Aug 31, 2009

Thanks for posting this! I have creativity brimming out of my EARS so hopefully I can harness that this year and really do some great things with my class, including making videos!

4. futureteach21

futureteach21 Habitué

Aug 31, 2009

Thats so cool! I admire that kid, I could definitely not go into the NYC apple store and do that. He has tons of videos too. Thanks for posting :)

5. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Aug 31, 2009

Excellent!

So far this morning my student wrote a book report (required by our charter), which was very boring. But then we ran a 2 mile path while singing and jumping to hit trees, re-wrote a piano song that neither of use thought was very good, and brainstormed the beginnings of a story about an 11 year girl in 1911 Missouri who finds a magic carpet. The rest of the day will consist of math through quilting and creating a 3-D timeline of explorers.

I think we have creative covered. ;) But how to do all of this with 30 students??