Student Resource Binders

Discussion in 'Secondary Education' started by MsTeacher98, Jun 22, 2007.

1. MsTeacher98

MsTeacher98 Companion

Jun 22, 2007

Hi All!
    First of all, sorry if this post is hard to read- I am soo tired!! I am suddenly moving into MS science/social studies and am trying to prepare for next year. One of my ideas is to have the students use their binders as "Student Resource Binders" but I'm not sure how I should section these. For example, I will probably have a "class Notes" section and a "lab reports" section for science...plus something for key vocab? Any ideas?

3. historybuff91

historybuff91 Companion

Jun 22, 2007

I teacher social studies and I have students section off their binders into, Worksheets, Notes, Homework, Exams. I used \0interactive notebooks last year, but I found that I was spending too much class time having students cut and paste worksheets to the pages, and I liked the idea of them having to use creative ideas, so now I just make a worksheet and have them do creative things on that instead.

4. MsTeacher98

MsTeacher98 Companion

Jun 22, 2007

Thanks, HistoryBuff! I agree that the cutting and pasting might be a bit much, but I like the concept!

5. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jun 23, 2007

How about having them invest in plastic page protectors and just inserting the articles?? Or would that get too expensive?

Sorry, I'm math. We don't do many articles :)