Student of the Week, lost tooth, birthdays!

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by bethany1120, Sep 10, 2012.

1. bethany1120

bethany1120 Companion

Sep 10, 2012

What do you do for Star or Student of the Week? In the past, I've just sent out a big poster with questions (from Scholastic) and had the students fill out at home with a few pictures. But that's about all and I'd like to do something to make it more special. Any ideas?

Also, looking to see what people do for a lost tooth and birthdays to make those special times as well :)

3. imanashhole

imanashhole Companion

Sep 10, 2012

I taught pre-k and i had kids create a letter box and an all about me poster that they could share. The letterbox focused on our letter of the week and included items that started with that letter. They would give clues, "this is something that...." and the other children had to guess. they loved it! this might be too young for your kindergarteners though...you could try something similar with a book box though. bring in their favorite book, read it, and do some kind of special thing with it..

4. Sheila

Sheila Comrade

Sep 11, 2012

For birthdays, I have all the materials to create a backpack to go home. I just need to put it together. It has a special book to read, a stuffed cake, and birthday questions on a sheet of paper to fill out. There are also some games and a special treat.

For lost teeth, I have these little containers that look like a tooth and they get to keep it. Thankfully, the kids don't lose their teeth that often.

For star kids, I have a get to know me backpack. It is sent home with the kids and brought back the next day.

5. bondo

bondo Cohort

Sep 24, 2012

For lost teeth, we have a treasure chest and the kids get to pick their own little treasure (no candy, just random little trinkets).
    Student of the week I do a poster as well.
    Birthdays we do a small party. The kids get to pick something out of treasure chest again. Everyone sings to the birthday person and they get to choose a game we all get to play.