Student Holiday Gifts

Discussion in 'New Teachers' started by rockangel312, Dec 10, 2011.

1. rockangel312

rockangel312 Companion

Dec 10, 2011

Hi Everyone,

I teach about 65 fifth graders and I wanted to give them all a little something for Christmas.
    It has to be fairly inexpensive, since I would like to give all of them something. I was thinking pencils, candy cane, and a homework pass, but I kind of wanted to give them more than that. I don't mind spending some money, just not a ton.

Any suggestions??

3. HOPE-fulTeacher

HOPE-fulTeacher Comrade

Dec 11, 2011

I would check the dollar store for ideas. I teach first grade, so it might be a little different, but they have tons of stickers, art supplies, little toys and trinkets, etc. that are cheap enough. I look for ones that come with more than one thing in a pack. Some things that I've found in the past are those little "pill" looking things that grow into animals when they soak in water, playdough, glitter glue, kazoos, erasers, stickers, hair clips, pencils, silly bands, bookmarks, glow bracelets & necklaces....

Scholastic books also has holiday specials where you can get certain books for $1 each, and you get 1 free with every 5 you buy. 65 students are a lot to buy for, so I don't know if this is a feasible option for you, but it's an idea!

Hope this helps!

4. Killertofu

Killertofu New Member

Dec 13, 2011

I think if you replace a pencil with something fun from the dollar store you will be all set. How about a small notebook kids of all ages love that. Can you present it as a "winter pick-me-up?" to make it secular? Happy holidays and good luck.