student growth objectives?

Discussion in 'Special Education' started by Love2shop, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Love2shop

Love2shop Rookie

Sep 27, 2013

Need some help with this, I am a teacher in New Jersey and this year we have to write Student Growth Objectives. I teach a self containted preschool class and alot of the info I am receiving just doesn't apply to my class. The other self contained teachers are also having a hard time.

Just wanted to know if there were any other self contained preschool teacher that had to write them and if so are you willing to share?

Thanks

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Sep 27, 2013

I've been trained in writing them and just wrote my grade level's SGO with my team...have also coached several colleagues with theirs...feel free to pst what you've got so far here, or pm me.

4. bros

bros Phenom

Sep 28, 2013

I'm student teaching in a PreK & K School, the PreK teachers are freaking out about SGOs. They are pretty much giving them goals that they cannot accomplish now, and giving them easy goals that the students will be able to meet by the end of the year.

5. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Sep 28, 2013

Teachers in NJ, bros, have had a lot thrown at them in a short time....SGOs and SGPs, new evaluation protocols, CCSS, changes in standardized testing. In many districts there simply isn't any training offered on these changes. Teachers already have a lot on their plates, but we'll rise above these challenges. No need to 'freak out'.

6. HistTchr

HistTchr Habitué

Sep 28, 2013

7. Jerseygirlteach

Jerseygirlteach Groupie

Sep 28, 2013

The problem of the OP is the same problem I (and all of the self-contained SPED teachers in my district have): What does this mean in OUR classrooms, where growth can be subjective and limited and objectives are individualized for each student?

So far, no one in my district really knows how to address this.

8. bros

bros Phenom

Sep 29, 2013

I meant it in the kindest way, that they are trying to figure out how to accomplish the new things thrown at them.

9. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Sep 30, 2013

Learn from this.