Student Gifts

Discussion in 'General Education' started by sweetlatina23, Dec 9, 2010.

1. sweetlatina23

sweetlatina23 Cohort

Dec 9, 2010

Do any of you get your student's a gift? If you do, what have you given them or are planning to get them?

The first year I made them a small gift bag with a cross necklace (Catholic School), the two years after that I bought them a stuff animal from Oriental Trading, last year I made them a gift bag with hot chocolate, popcorn, and a few chocolate kisses. It had a poem in it, don't remember it though.

I won't have money this year until two days before school lets out, so if I do decide to get them something ,it has to be something easy. :unsure:

3. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Dec 9, 2010

I'm doing my usual--the kids will have hot chocolate and decorate gingerbread cookies next Wednesday afternoon while watching "Polar Express".

4. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Dec 9, 2010

I have 210 students - even getting them candy gets pricey!

5. alschoolteacher

alschoolteacher Companion

Dec 9, 2010

I use scholastic bonus points to get them each a Christmas book (Catholic School). Some years I add candy or pencils. I have the books already, but haven't decided on anything else.

6. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Dec 9, 2010

I will get my teacher aid something. Probably a gift card to BestBuy.

I usually do candy for my students. My husband packs 150 little baggies for me. :)

7. Daisie

Daisie Rookie

Dec 10, 2010

Hi sweetlatina!!

I'm still just a teaching student, but the class where I've been doing my practical training has been really accomodating, so I'm going to treat them to candy canes and some of my homemade ginger bread cookies (I don't want to buy grocery-store cookies, because one of the students has peanut allergies :eek: You can never be too careful! Plus my fiance, family and firends say my cookies are the best;))

When I get around to teaching my own class, I'll probably splurge a little extra on 'my kids'- that hot chocolate idea sounds fab!!

-Have a great day :)

8. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Dec 10, 2010

9. midwestteacher

midwestteacher Cohort

Dec 10, 2010

I made dipped pretzels one year for my students and decorated them with green, red, and white sprinkles. I usually give Christmas pencils that I bought last year after Christmas on clearance and maybe a couple of pieces of Christmas candy. I teach high school and have six different classes through the course of the day.

10. sweetlatina23

sweetlatina23 Cohort

Dec 12, 2010

I only have 28 students, I ended up buying them Christmas hats and I will stuff them with candy and a bag of chips ...maybe a drink if I have enough. $$ Money is a bit tight right now, but I get my kids something every year, I didnt want to stop this year. Thanks for the ideas.

11. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Dec 12, 2010

Dollar Tree... pencils, color books, and I order a book for them from Scholastic.

12. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Dec 12, 2010

13. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Dec 12, 2010

Thanks...I made them for all my students and for other little ones in my life.