Student Council

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Irishcol16, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Irishcol16

Irishcol16 Rookie

Aug 5, 2007

Anyone out there a moderator of your school's student council? I was last year and will be again starting this fall. I'm just looking to share ideas, organization, what worked/what didn't ?
    Anyone willing to share? I'd greatly appreciate any ideas!
    Thanks!

3. jlj

jlj Devotee

Aug 5, 2007

I didn't but the teacher that did had some great ideas. They did several fundraisers throughout the year as well as community outreach projects. In-school fundraisers: bake sales, Christmas the student council members made and sold candy cane reindeer and other cute characters, Valentines & Mother's Day they took orders for flowers (one long stem per order) and tagged them with your To/From message, they had special days like "crazy hair day" and others-students paid $1.00 to participate. Community projects: collected blankets/sheets for the homeless shelter, collected food for holiday food baskets, collected pet food for animal rescue, visit nursing home-can read to patients, sing, etc. Hope this helps!

4. etcetera83

etcetera83 Cohort

Aug 6, 2007

We started a student council chapter last year and did just two things. We had a movie night in December where the kids came and we showed a movie. We charged for hot chocolate and cookies. We also collected soda can tops for the Ronald McDonald House.

jlj - I like having special days and charging to participate! That's a great way to raise money.

I would love to brainstorm some ideas together!