Student centered interview

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by doubletrouble, Jul 10, 2010.

1. doubletrouble

doubletrouble Companion

Jul 10, 2010

Hello All,
    I have an interview coming up next week for 5th grade. I want to appear student centered in the interview as I am in the classroom. However, I feel when I am answering questions it comes out I,I,I etc...
    Please help me on wording, so instead of focusing on what I do it will be what height the kiddos will achieve. :help:

3. klc92201

klc92201 Companion

Jul 10, 2010

use word like my students. My goals for my students, In the past students have. I also think if they ask you what is your teaching style or how do you over cover dicipline issues you will have to say at least one sentense of I but then if you give examples you will be telling more of a story which I think is the best. I think being student centered is always thinking about what is best for your students so when in doubt think about your students or even say. I think the best thing for my students is....

4. melissa803

melissa803 Comrade

Jul 10, 2010

Just recognizing that you (and everybody!) does this is great because you will be able rephrase your thoughts. Before my first interview I hooked my video camera up to the computer, taped and replayed my answer to several questions we're always asked. Maybe you could do this and evaluate whether you do talk too much about yourself. It's torturous to do, but I think it was worth it!

Good luck!

5. klc92201

klc92201 Companion

Jul 10, 2010

great Idea Melissa. I am practiceing in front of the mirror too.