Student AWARDS

Discussion in 'High School' started by gr8_life, Sep 6, 2009.

1. gr8_life

gr8_life Companion

Sep 6, 2009

Could use some new ideas. What do you do in your classroom?

3. jacobadam

jacobadam New Member

May 7, 2011

We know student’s awards are limited now days. The students to get best grades in over all subjects and those with athletics skills, they will honored. Today’s schools and teachers are wanted to encourage the students to improve the kind of skills. Here I am suggesting few ideas for student awards . They are two different ways to get students award such as Award for skills and Award for effort. The award of skills like social skill, artistic skills, academic and physical skills will helps to get award. The team work ,good citizen and best behavior are ways to get award.

Refer:http://researchwritingreview.com/10-ideas-for-student-awards.html

4. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

May 7, 2011

I don't believe high school students need classroom awards, unless it's a tradition at your school.

That being said, my final project for my seniors is a speech in which they present an award to a classmate--one that they invent, based on an interview with that person. Each student also writes an acceptance speech for the award they receive. I take pictures of them in the classic handshake pose. It's a nice way to end the year, and in the past some students who never really spoke to the person they were paired with have become good friends.

5. Reality Check

Reality Check Habitué

May 7, 2011

:yeahthat:

I work with teachers that give out candy, rewards, and awards for classwork. I don't think that's helping young adults that are headed out into the real world.

6. BusEDTeach

BusEDTeach Rookie

May 10, 2011

I believe otherwise. Depending on the type of award received, it can be noted on resumes.

We still have an awards assembly at school and the kids look forward to it. The young adults love getting kudos that's tangible just like preschoolers. I also present my students with funny awards such as class clown, most talkative etc.

7. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

May 10, 2011

We give class awards for most outstanding student, most improved academically, and best representation of our school's mission statement.

8. Born2beTeacher

Born2beTeacher Rookie

May 16, 2011

In my own classroom, we just host events like breakfasts and movie days for all of the students- the high school itself does the majority of the "awarding":

Our high school holds annual awards ceremonies in October to celebrate the academic success of students during the preceding year (the grads receive their awards during convocation in June). Top students in each subject receive medals, the top three students per grade receive plaques, and there are additional awards from other academic events (eg. some universities that award top students in nationwide math/science competitions). Honors students are also acknowledged with certificates.

For the athletes, the school has an athletic banquet at the end of the year to hoist teams' championship banners, award team MVPs and "athletes of the year". There is a separate awards ceremony for volunteers and co-op students as well.