Struggling with change...

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Shiloh17, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Shiloh17

Shiloh17 Companion

Aug 20, 2015

I left the preschool I was at for just 2 years. I know it was the right decision for me but I feel badly as I left 3 weeks before school. Many parents requested me and knew I was their teacher when they left in June. I feel sad to lose the wonderful relationships with the families. I could be dwelling but it's hard for me to move on...maybe I am nervous for change idk or it is my first real job after college that I left...have you ever felt upset to lose the connections and reputation at your old school? I just need reassurance that this is a normal feeling ...thanks

http://forums.atozteacherstuff.com/showthread.php?t=189915

Previous thread explaining my new position and why I had to leave.

3. bella84

bella84 Aficionado

Aug 20, 2015

Yes, it's normal. You just have to keep reminding yourself of the reasons you left. Leaving a job can offer be very bittersweet.

4. missrebecca

missrebecca Comrade

Aug 21, 2015

Yes, it's just part of change. People tend to go through a grieving process in this situation.

I've had a hard time adjusting to a change in jobs, even when it was for the best. It disrupts your current routine and it alters the relationships associated with the job. You won't see the same faces again or have quite the same relationships.

Perfectly normal. But yes, it's hard. Just remember why you did it. Wishing you all the best!