Storytown- Grade 3

Discussion in 'Third Grade' started by Sprout26, May 13, 2009.

1. Sprout26

Sprout26 Rookie

May 13, 2009

Hi,

I am looping with my students to third grade. I currently use pcboe.net/les/elderweb/harcourtresources. htm for resources and extras. However there are not the same resources as I have used for 2nd. I am looking for help with resources, files, anything that they made or used for StoryTown Grade 3. I can provide my email if you are willing to share your wonderful resources that you have created.:thanks:

*if you are cut and pasting the link take the space out between the . and htm-- It wouldn't let me post the link...

3. SLteaCh

SLteaCh Companion

May 13, 2009

Have you tried the Storytown site: www.ThinkCentral.com ? After you are registered with your district, all of your grade level materials come up online for you to print & copy. You have access to the entire curriculum for the grade you teach.

4. MissKH81

MissKH81 Rookie

May 13, 2009

What does your school already have? We just started using Storytown this year and I LOVE it. It has sooooo many resources that I did NOT need to create anything. It has mini leveled books for guided reading, literacy center easels and activities, teacher resources, tons of supplemental materials, cds for the basal stories as well as the minibooks, etc. Let me know what you DON'T have and maybe I can help.

5. Sprout26

Sprout26 Rookie

May 14, 2009

MissKH81,
    I currently use Storytown in Second Grade.
    I am looking for the vocabulary words and definitions already typed up that I could cut and laminate and post with each lesson. I love the Spelling Tac Tac Toe boards that were created on the website I posted above for second grade. I will be trying to do centers again next year. I have students who can not handle transitions and tantrum at ANY transitions. So I was instructed to stop doing them- next year I am going to push through with them anyway.

6. Lives4Math

Lives4Math Comrade

May 14, 2009

I used StoryTown last year (Kindergarten) and I loved it!!

7. Sprout26

Sprout26 Rookie

May 15, 2009

I also love StoryTown-- I taught kindergarten with StoryTown, currently using it in second and then looping with my students to third. I am looking for a word document that has the robust vocab words and definitions already typed up so I can post them on my wall each week.

8. MissKH81

MissKH81 Rookie

May 19, 2009

As to your inquiry for vocab words, I received a teacher resource book with pages of vocab words ready for cutting and laminating for each story. In grade three, the vocab definitions come on transparencies. The book shows you how to effectively use the transparencies when introducing each word. Ask your current third grade teachers if they have the transparencies. If they don't have the transparencies, the teacher's editions show examples of them . Therefore, you could always just create them yourself as you teach each vocab lesson.

9. Sprout26

Sprout26 Rookie

May 20, 2009

Yes, thank you for the suggestion. I currently use the 2nd grade so I also have the resource book. I am looking to put the vocab word and definition up weekly in a pocket chart for students to see.
    I know how much StoryTown has- I like to use different ideas and resources to help support my gifted students as well as my special education students who are included in all classes.