Storage

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by hthrasher, May 28, 2009.

1. hthrasher

hthrasher New Member

May 28, 2009

How do you store your bulletin board material??

I had a retired teacher give me all her stuff and it is just sitting in totes right now. I would like a better way to organize it!!

3. animalclass

animalclass Companion

May 28, 2009

i bought the bulletin board file box from the teacher store, its 8.99 and well worth it, ive had it for two years now

4. tgim

tgim Habitué

May 28, 2009

I used to keep it all in homemade portfolios made by stapling together three sides of two large posterboards, which I then labeled by month (or unit of study). Now I am blessed w/ a closet that has large pull-out shelves for storing BB stuff.

I just moved rooms and had trouble trying to sort through and organize everything. I ended up w/ a Beginning of the Year, Calendars, LA, Math, Sci., and SS file, and then more sorted by month or holiday. I used XXL zip-top bags to sort and store the seasonal things and the themed materials (under the sea, circus, western, construction, frogs/ponds, etc.), and smaller recycled storage bags w/ snap-tops for letters, borders related to theme/season, cut-outs, etc.

Every theme except the one I am using next year went on the top two shelves (up high as I won't need any of it), and then the current theme is on the next one. The bottom 6 have seasonal (Aug/Sep, Oct/Nov, Dec/Jan, Feb/Mar, and Spring) and extra borders are at the very bottom.

I am interested to see how others organize their materials - one plus to moving grades/rooms is you do have to reorganize!

5. snickydog

snickydog Groupie

May 29, 2009

I also bought one of those large chart boxes from the teacher store, like animalclass. They make large "file folders" for the box, so I got a few of those. I bought a border box, too. For smaller things and themes, I'm going to use the file storage boxes like Bankers Boxes.