Stolen Items

Discussion in 'Fourth Grade' started by corney, Jul 1, 2010.

1. corney

corney Companion

Jul 1, 2010

My SIL is teaching summer school to a group of Kindergarteners. She took her camera to school to take pictures of them for a class project. She set the camera down next to her belongings and at the end of the class while cleaning up she noticed it was missing.. but the kids had already left.. She contacted a couple parents of children that carried in back packs but got no luck.. She has since offered a reward to any one of the children that finds it. I suggested she contact all the parents via phone and or letter explaining the situation and ask for their help locating it as well. Any one every have this type of situation happen with positive results?

3. zoey'smom

zoey'smom Cohort

Jul 1, 2010

Since I have been teaching at least once a year and some years a lot more things would become missing. In these cases we were able to find the items before they left, usually in some ones bookbag or locker. My sugestion would to send a note home or a phone call to all the parents explaining what happened and what was taken. I would also do a little lesson on stealing. Good Luck!!

4. corney

corney Companion

Jul 1, 2010

I will suggest the lesson in stealing.. and re-emphisize the letter.. Thanks