stitched Cafe Menus = dry erase boards?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by MissV, Jul 15, 2007.

1. MissV

MissV Companion

Jul 15, 2007

Last year I bought some "Clearboard communicators" for my class...which were quite expensive and ended up not working out very well. I liked the idea of sticking a worksheet in a clear plastic cover, and writing on it with a dry erase board, but the top loading thing was TERRIBLE. It was too tight and the worksheets ALWAYS wrinkled when the kids stuck the sheets in because of that.

ANYWAY, on to the new idea. I was eating at my favorite restaurant, when it occured to me that the menu I was reading off of was basically an 8 1/2" x 11" dry erase book!
    I found a website that sells stitched cafe style menu covers:

http://www.themenushop.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=219

It LOOKED interesting, and since you load the pages on the sides, maybe the kids wouldn't have a hard time figuring it out. I'm afraid to try it though... It "looks" durable enough...Though it might be just as disasterous as the clearboard thing.

meh. What do you guys think? Good idea or Bad idea?

3. zoerba

zoerba Comrade

Jul 15, 2007

I don't know...at almost $4 a peice it seems like to much to spend on that type of item. Maybe you could just laminate the worksheets, or slip them into a clear page protector. ??

4. Terrence

Terrence Comrade

Jul 15, 2007

I would go with page protectors over any alternative. They just have so many more advantages over any other white board. Just buy the heavy duty page protectors, get some card stock, and you have an instant white board. As soon as I get my class set up, I am going to take pictures of how I have hooked my white boards to the desks with coiled key chains.

5. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jul 15, 2007

I agree that those are pretty expensive for what you'll be using them for.