Still waiting

Discussion in 'Job Hunting & Interviews' started by maebowler, Jul 26, 2006.

1. maebowler

maebowler Comrade

Jul 26, 2006

It has been hard to read on here all the people getting interviews and jobs. I was a para in a classroom with a moderate EBD student and the teacher I worked with told me not to worry that I would start getting calls in August for interviews and that I would not have a problem getting a job. Two interview I had in June, I had positive feedback and was second to the internal candidate who took the job and the other I needed more experience. School doesn't start here until September 5th. Should I be worried or just keep waiting?

3. goopp

goopp Devotee

Jul 26, 2006

Keep waiting, but while you are waiting, keep sending out resumes and cover letters. Keep in touch with anyone you already sent them too. Staying on top of that resume pile is important.

Good luck!!

4. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Jul 26, 2006

Get out and do the legwork, but it is only late July and school starts late for you. Good luck!

5. Exclaimation Po

Exclaimation Po Habitué

Jul 26, 2006

I would suggest being aggressive. Last friday I sent out resumes to the 14 middle schools in my area. This week I've received 2 interviews. I believe it was the resumes I sent out last week.

I also went to a job fair the first week of July. I hadn't heard anything about the 2 positions I'd interviewed for and assumed that they'd been filled. Today I received a call for a 2nd interview.

So, apply for every job you can, send out lots of resumes, and keep faith that you'll get a call. Good luck!

6. JustWondering

JustWondering Companion

Jul 26, 2006

While many of us have gotten interviews and jobs there are several still looking and not getting the jobs having been on many interviews. As others suggested keep putting your name out there and try being more aggressive. Someone I know got an interview by calling the principal himself and got the job. Stay positive and good luck!