still waiting on job?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Sub2Teach, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Sub2Teach

Sub2Teach Companion

Jul 10, 2007

I had a second interview on Thursday June 21st. The principal told me that day to call on Friday to find out about job, which I did and principal told me teacher committee were impressed and wanted to send me on to meet superintendent. Principal said they had to wait on some stuff, they couldn't do anything at the time. But, said they were going to take paperwork with them in July when they go on vacation.

I'm wondering if I should email principal to see if i can find out anything or if I should wait and see what happens? When do you think principal would call about superintendent meeting? Is that like an interview or is it more informal?

I've been going crazy the last couple weeks worrying about whether I will get this job. If this job falls through, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I haven't had any job interviews since interviewing for this one. Getting very anxious just waiting around for phone to ring. Any advice???

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 11, 2007

Go for it.

4. Sub2Teach

Sub2Teach Companion

Jul 11, 2007

I just looked on the district website and a fourth grade teacher position at the school is no longer posted on the site. The fifth grade one that I applied for and wondering about is still on there. There was talk of a first grade one possibly opening up. Anyway, do you think the fact that the other one is no longer listed means I may contacted in the next couple days because their finally ready to process/fill the position? Should I take it as a good sign?

5. TeacherRW

TeacherRW Cohort

Jul 12, 2007

Make the call and find out instead of wondering & waiting... good luck!

6. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 12, 2007

Absolutely call and show how interested you are. It may be the one thing that tips the scales in your favor.

7. Bitsy Griffin

Bitsy Griffin Companion

Jul 12, 2007

I'd call too. It's hard, but like Alice said, it might be the tipping factor.

8. LouiseB

LouiseB Cohort

Jul 12, 2007

Don't sit wondering. Call! If you are in the loop of employment, then you will know something. If it is the other way, it wouldn't make any difference. Call!! Call!!

9. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jul 12, 2007

I agree.