Still Screaming Update

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by skerns, Aug 30, 2009.

1. skerns

skerns Companion

Aug 30, 2009

Ok, You are not going to believe this but my room is still not finished or ready to be moved into. :( They finally got the carpet and ceiling in, but no lights, vents, boards etc. No furniture either. Orientation is this Thursday night.:eek:hmy: I will post a few pics tomorrow. There are only 3 rooms ready in the whole school. :help:

3. TeaRoses4M&D

TeaRoses4M&D Rookie

Aug 30, 2009

That must be frustrating. Do you have a friend or family member that can help you decorate/move in when ready? That might take some of the pressure off. When is the furniture expected to arrive? Could the students possibly sit on the rug if it doesn't come by the first day? As for the lights does your class have windows? Could you bring in some lamps? Only 3 rooms are ready, well, at least you are not alone, other teachers must be feeling the same as you. Also keep in mind that it might be faster then you think for the professionals to install this stuff. There is a good chance your class will have all these materials when you start. However, I do agree its wise to have a back-up plan

4. janney

janney Cohort

Aug 30, 2009

I'm surprised that they aren't thinking about postponing the first day of school for a couple of days.

5. skerns

skerns Companion

Aug 30, 2009

Mess

We have already moved the start date from the 31st to the 8th. But orientation is stillthis week. That give us four days to finish remodeling 7 rooms and 3 finishing 3 new bathrooms and the kitchen. The only room almost ready is the library, 2nd and 3rd grade. You would have to see the pictures tomorrow to even get a grasp of this mess. I will post tomorrow night.:D

6. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 30, 2009

Then it's not your problem. It's not like YOUR room will stick out as not being ready-- the parents will realize that it was out of your hands. No LIGHTS??? With orientation Thursday NIGHT???

Your principal has a big problem. You do what you can with the time they give you, and don't sweat it.

7. skerns

skerns Companion

Aug 30, 2009

The other rooms do have their lights already, mine is waiting for the electrician's to come back. I have hoses sticking out of the ceiling waiting for the duct work guys to comeback. i did get to paint it on Saturday, "slumber blue", hope it makes the kids tranquil. :D

8. teacherSMK

teacherSMK Habitué

Aug 30, 2009

I am right there with ya! :hugs: My ceiling is in, but is still missing tiles. I have everything in boxes, stacked in the middle of my room. The carpet hasn't been repaired. Orientation is Friday, school starts the eighth....I guess we shall see. Good Luck to you!

9. skerns

skerns Companion

Aug 31, 2009

10. skerns

skerns Companion

Sep 3, 2009

Transformation

Wow, so here is the amazing accomplishments done in 4 days!! :haha: We worked 12 hour days to make this happen. :eek: Still some to do, but orientation was a success. We are still waiting for our classroom doors. Hope they come by Monday!! Enjoy! Thanks for the support.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=35270&id=1275133742&saved