Hey everyone! If you don't know my saga, I just finished my first year of teaching 1.5 hours away. Did a great job but the distance wasn't good. Principal flipped out about me leaving and threatened to provide a negative reference and put me on a plan of action in the fall. Kinda crushed my confidence for a while and I was sure my career was ruined. Still managed to get a part time offer at a cool district .6 Really excited about it because having 2 days free during the week means I can really go in depth with my graduate school research and visit other classrooms. However, I really want a full time position. Especially because my coop from student teaching retired and I applied for her position! I also have another interview for a full time position on Thursday. My friend's sister teaches in that district and I'm super excited. So I thought I'd post my experiences here in the style of giraffe Applications: A) Suburban district 50 minutes away. No interview, position is filled. B) Suburban district 30 minutes away. No interview, not sure if it's been filled. C)Urban school district 30 minutes away. No interview, not sure if it's been filled. D) Suburban district 45 minutes away. Interviewed and given the offer! .6 teaching art M T and W. E)Urban district 10 minutes away. Interview on Thursday F) Suburban district 45 minutes away where I student taught. My coop teacher says I'll be getting called to interview soon! This is probably my top pick because I'm so familiar with the district. G) Suburban district 35 minutes away where I had a field placement. It's one of the largest districts in the state and they don't know which building the opening will be in, so I don't think they've interviewed anyone yet. H)Catholic school 30 minutes away, part time. Called me for an interview and I turned it down as I already like district D and had their offer. I) Suburban district 15 minutes away. Most recent job I've applied to and I haven't heard anything yet. So I might end up keeping the one job offer I've received, but I'll post here about my other interviews and if I get to *fingers cross* decide between multiple offers. Being that I was so terrified my old P was going to ruin my career, I'm so glad my confidence is back and that it hasn't interfered with anything. I know exactly what to say during an interview but it hasn't come up yet and I have a lot of references to counter her. I haven't submitted my letter of resignation yet because I need to buy insurance for August. That's stressing me out too.