Sticky Situation

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by indigoangel, Aug 10, 2021.

  1. indigoangel

    indigoangel Rookie

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2021
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    0

    Aug 10, 2021

    So, I’m in quite a conundrum right now. I was recently offered a job at another district-last week. It was a verbal offer and I haven’t received official paperwork yet from the central office. Because of that, I didn’t resign right away. My current school begins next week, and teachers are to report later this week. I can resign and wait on the district to onboard me, which may take a couple of weeks, or continue my current job until I get the official documents from the new district. I just don’t feel right going back to school and starting the school year knowing I’m leaving in a couple of weeks. At this point, I’m considering hitting the send button on this email to HR and saying a prayer. Thoughts?
     
  2.  
  3. TeacherNY

    TeacherNY Maven

    Joined:
    Apr 29, 2008
    Messages:
    5,330
    Likes Received:
    1,645

    Aug 11, 2021

    You need to contact the school and find out what's going on. It would be a bad idea to just quit after you started next week.
     
    indigoangel likes this.
  4. indigoangel

    indigoangel Rookie

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2021
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    0

    Aug 11, 2021

    Yes, I’ve been in contact with the principal and she’s been transparent about the process.
     
  5. TeacherNY

    TeacherNY Maven

    Joined:
    Apr 29, 2008
    Messages:
    5,330
    Likes Received:
    1,645

    Aug 11, 2021

    Yes, but did you tell them you need an answer ASAP? Did you tell them you have to give the other school notice? Do they sound like competent people to work for if they are dillydallying with your "offer"? What's their excuse for taking so long to officially hire you with proper paperwork completed?
     
    indigoangel likes this.
  6. indigoangel

    indigoangel Rookie

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2021
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    0

    Aug 11, 2021

    Yes, they know I need an official offer and I’ve told them about my timeline. The principal did say I was safe to resign from my current job although I haven’t been on boarded yet. The problem is that this new district does things from a central office, and things are slower now that they’re working from home (what the principal said). So although principals do the hiring, the central office does all the on boarding. I’ve been waiting about a week now.
     
  7. indigoangel

    indigoangel Rookie

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2021
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    0

    Aug 11, 2021

    So, I ended up just resigning from the current job while waiting to onboard for the new one. I went and visited the new school today and saw my classroom. I guess this is one of those times I have to be patient.
     

Share This Page

Members Online Now

  1. vickilyn,
  2. Morah
Total: 238 (members: 3, guests: 207, robots: 28)
test