Sticky Posters

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Peregrin5, May 4, 2012.

1. Peregrin5

Peregrin5 Maven

May 4, 2012

For my exit tickets/learning logs I have students write one complete grammatically correct sentence about a specific topic we learned that day and draw a picture or diagram and write their name on a quarter sheet of paper (I collect all the scratch paper from misprints, and things from other teachers, computer labs, etc. and repurpose them into exit ticket paper).

If I ever need a pick me up, I go through these exit tickets and read some of the amusing things the kids say or it shows me that they really are learning something, and the depth of their understanding can sometimes amaze me. (They remember advanced side comments that I might say about something as a preface to what they'll cover in future grade levels or in college and may even completely understand it even if only I covered it for a second or two).

These exit tickets, I collect at the end and just leaf through them, but I want a better display idea. I would really like large poster paper that is sticky so they can just stick their exit tickets on the paper on their way out, and at the end I'm left with a nice way to display everyone's learning and comments about a subject all at once (so it will save me time reviewing them as well, and I can get a big picture of what I need to cover or review next time).

I know I can do it with post-it notes and regular butcher paper instead, but I would like sticky paper so I can continue to save trees with my economic scratch paper exit tickets.

Does anyone know of any type of thing that is like this? What is it called?

Preferably, I would like some type of paper that is not actually sticky, but makes the paper stick to it using something like static electricity, or velcro type microridges or something.

3. stampin'teacher

stampin'teacher Cohort

May 4, 2012

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  4. 1cubsfan

1cubsfan Companion

May 4, 2012

You could get a Velcro board or felt board, laminate the exit slips, put velcro on one side, and have students write on them with dry erase markers.

5. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

May 4, 2012

Bulletin board and push pins?

6. janney

janney Cohort

May 4, 2012

7. Peregrin5

Peregrin5 Maven

May 5, 2012

Oldies but goldies. That's my last ditch, but I'm too afraid of pushpins all over the floor, and I would really like to be able to simply roll up the posters and keep them for later, to kind of display what they've learned over the entire year.

8. Peregrin5

Peregrin5 Maven

May 5, 2012

Well, that's a paper that sticks to something, but I want something that paper would stick to. I'm almost at the point right now, where I'm about to invent it myself and make tons of moolah.

9. Peregrin5

Peregrin5 Maven

May 5, 2012

Good idea, but I'm still trying to find something that allows me to keep the exit tickets after they've posted them on the poster. Laminating and then using dry erase markers is very ephemeral though it is economical.

10. cindy lou

cindy lou Rookie

May 5, 2012

contact paper?

My first thought was contact paper. Tape it to the wall, sticky side out? I think you can get it cheap at the dollar store.

11. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

12. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

May 5, 2012

I was also thinking contact paper.

13. Peregrin5

Peregrin5 Maven

May 5, 2012

OOooh. Contact paper seems promising.

I was looking at static paper as well, but it looks like its great at sticking to stuff, but doesn't tell me whether or not things like regular white paper will stick to it.

14. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

May 5, 2012

15. Peregrin5

Peregrin5 Maven

May 5, 2012

16. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

May 5, 2012

This year I discovered repositionable glue sticks. I put it on the backs of the thumbnail photos of my students and stick those on a seating chart. It's great, because I can move them around so easily!

17. Peregrin5

Peregrin5 Maven

May 5, 2012