STICKERS! Have a good idea for organizing/storing them?

Discussion in 'New Teachers' started by adellesmama, Jul 26, 2007.

1. adellesmama

adellesmama Companion

Jul 26, 2007

I'm working in my classroom and have 2 shoeboxes full of stickers that the previous teacher left as part of my "inheritance." :) It's nice, but I need a good way to store them so they're neat and tidy.

Maybe this is a silly questions, but...Does anyone have a really good system to organize/store stickers?

3. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jul 26, 2007

One of the kindergarten teachers at our school uses the clear plastic sleeves designed for baseball cards to organize her stickers and store them in binders.

4. src1105teach

src1105teach Rookie

Jul 26, 2007

I use report card envelopes to store my stickers. I sort them by themes. For example: Christmas, Back to School, Science... I just write on the outside the theme and I am able to keep them in a basket on my bookshelf. Just an idea!

5. love2teach

love2teach Enthusiast

Jul 26, 2007

I don't really have any theme stickers...they are all general and can be used all year! I just have a basekt on my desk with them thrown in there...I pull whatever sheet I can get the fastest!

6. jenglish97

jenglish97 Devotee

Jul 26, 2007

I was thinking that you might be able to put them in Ziplock bags and label them (Smiles, Smelly, Reading, etc.) I group mind by months that I would use my stickers and have a bag for the general ones in a basket.

7. adellesmama

adellesmama Companion

Jul 26, 2007

Ooo, all good ideas! Thanks! :) I really like the idea of grouping them by theme/month so that I have them organized for each holiday/season.

8. vsimpkins

vsimpkins Comrade

Jul 26, 2007

You could also use some stickers as a writing center. Students can select a couple of stickers (make a limit) and stick them on the top of a paper and the bottom has primary lines to write a story about their stickers they have selected.

9. srh

srh Devotee

Jul 26, 2007

I just finished putting mine into a binder. I just stuck page protectors in the binder, and categorized (as best I could) all my stickers. I have one miscellaneous page full at the back. Mine are: smiley faces, zoo animals, other animals, positive comments (Good Job!), hearts/stars, SpongeBob, Disney, etc. I put a sticky tab on each page to identify them from the front.

I like the idea of the baseball card-type pocket pages, but truthfully, I know I would not keep it up. With this, I can just stick them back inside the right page, but not have to "overly" sort or search! This is much better than last year, when I threw them all into a drawer. I never knew what was coming out, and I like to use certain stickers for certain things! :cool: