Staying Motivated

Discussion in 'Secondary Education' started by Furthuron, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Furthuron

Furthuron Companion

Aug 16, 2013

I'm working the first few weeks of school before going out on maternity leave for the rest of the semester, and I definitely didn't start the year off as well as I'd like to. I can't really say specifically what I'm doing wrong, but I'm just not focused. Part of it is being uncomfortable/having back pain/being unable to breathe, but really I think it's the fact that I'm more focused on the baby than on my job.

I am working up until my due date, and I really want to establish as good a relationship with my students as I can before I leave so I can pick up on a good note when I return. Does anyone have advice as to how I can get more focused for the next few weeks? I feel like my brain and body have both gone on hiatus.

3. Toy_03

Toy_03 Companion

Aug 17, 2013

Well last school year sucked for me. I was basically working till my maternity leave. I wasn't really "there" because I was in so much pain and tired. I remember counting down the days/months till November (delivery date). I would try to establish some kind of relationship though.

4. Furthuron

Furthuron Companion

Aug 19, 2013

Thanks for your response, Toy. I had that issue last year with BAD morning sickness that lasted until week 25 (ugh)! Anyway, today went much better than last week did. I think I just need to focus and work as hard as I can, but also cut myself some slack since I'm over eight months pregnant and trying to begin a brand new school year with one new prep (three total). At least I'm only 60% right now! I can't imagine being full-time :)