Statistics

Discussion in 'General Education' started by ChristyF, Mar 17, 2014.

1. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Mar 17, 2014

:dizzy: My niece is taking it online through her university. I never took it in college. I'm struggling to figure anything out. We eeked through the first class. (She's taking it on a quarter system so they split the intro class.) Does anyone have any tutoring pages or suggestions of where to go to get some help? It's killing me! lol :dunno: Feeling truly clueless here! lol:dunno:

3. GTB4GT

GTB4GT Cohort

Mar 17, 2014

I teach statistics - one of my favorites 'maths" (as the kids say). did you check out Khan (sp?) Academy. I haven't looked at their statistics help so I don't know how comprehensive it is in that subject area but generally the tutorial videos on that site are pretty good and easy to follow/understand.

4. classmods

classmods New Member

Mar 17, 2014

I took statistics in college. It was the best thing that happened to me. I enjoyed the subject and learned many things from it.

Doesn't hurt to try

5. Honest_Teacher

Honest_Teacher Comrade

Mar 17, 2014

6. readingrules12

readingrules12 Aficionado

Mar 17, 2014

I took a couple of Statistics courses. The first one was so well taught and the others very poorly taught. I did fine in the 2nd two classes because of the excellent 1st instructor giving me such an excellent foundation.

I suggest finding someone online or go to the link for Khan academy that Honest Teacher provided.

Statistics is a great subject, and enjoyable IF taught well. It is worth it to find someone who can explain it well.

7. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Mar 17, 2014

I'm thinking online isn't the best choice. She's not the most disciplined about studying. I told her to get more to me so I can study some, too. I don't know who I didn't think of Khan. We use it at school. I'll definitely check it out!