STATE TESTING WEEK?!?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by DancingColor, Feb 22, 2008.

1. DancingColor

DancingColor Rookie

Feb 22, 2008

Hello fellow educators!
    I'm searching for some very low key activities for the week I am giving my state testing. I'm in a unique situation and teach in a "pod" that means all 3 third and fourth grades don't have traditional walls. It is an open area... so being quiet is serious during testing. I'm looking for ideas for the kiddos in my class to do while everyone else is testing and we're not.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I want it to be fun, educational, and quiet... (if that's possible...) :)

Thanks in advance for your ideas!

3. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Feb 22, 2008

read
    sudoku
    word searches

4. TampaTeacher

TampaTeacher Comrade

Feb 23, 2008

Educational coloring sheets, like the color-by-number pages that have times tables in the spaces.

Or maybe just a quiet craft that they can do at their desks with paper, scissors and a glue stick. They will have worked so hard on the tests, it might be good to just have a relaxing activity that doesn't use too much brain power.

5. heart4kids

heart4kids Rookie

Feb 23, 2008

maybe you could round up some walkmans and they could listen to books on tape for part of the time? they could draw/journal about the book while they listen.

6. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

Feb 23, 2008

Being quiet while others test is always hard.

Word searches with all of the children in the class' names in it....

puzzle packets with rhebus puzzles, color by number (or problem) are fun....

a very detailed coloring project -- preferably one that goes along with your curriculum.

I would say jigsaw puzzles, but I know that would lead to talking amongs the children....

independent reading for a period of time...

folder file games that could be played at their desk, then at a given time (say 15 minute increments) passed to the right, so each child would get several, without having to talk to pass them around...