Starting Student Teaching on Tuesday

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by LycoManda, Jan 12, 2006.

1. LycoManda

LycoManda Rookie

Jan 12, 2006

I am beginning my prof. semester on Tuesday, January 17th. I was supposed to start on Monday, but its a holiday! I am really excited. I am special education and will be doing my first 7 week in a high school with 11th and 12th grade learning support and study skills. My co-op seems great and the aide is very cool. I am totally nervous! I dont even know if my co-op remembers if I am comming on Tuesday or not! haha~ wish me luck!

3. Miss ShutterBug

Miss ShutterBug Rookie

Jan 12, 2006

Have you emailed or called yet? You said they seem great so I am assuming you have already met them then.
    I started student teaching the day the students came back from winter break so it was easy for my CT to remember.

Maybe you could just drop them a line and say something like "Just wanted to let you know (or remind you) that I'm starting Jan 17th...is there anything I should bring for the first day?) Or something like that. That way you aren't just reminded them, but sort of inquiring about maybe bringing something you might need on the first day? Just a thought...

4. stephanie90102

stephanie90102 Rookie

Jan 13, 2006

I'm starting student teaching in a first grade classroom on Tuesday too! I wish you the best of luck! I know I'm nervous, are you? Steph

5. LycoManda

LycoManda Rookie

Jan 13, 2006

YEA!! I am so nervous! I cant believe that I start so soon! I did 15 hours of observation last semester with both Co-ops, so I kinda have an idea what I am going into. Its going to be a challenge. We have class in the evenings, so its a lot of work! I dont know when I am going to have time to eat, breath, shower...haha..

6. LycoManda

LycoManda Rookie

Jan 13, 2006

YES! Thank you...I did write them an email saying that I will be in on Tuesday. I got a response today and she said that I didnt need anything and that everything will fall into place once I am there.