starting own preschool

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by TeachSeattle, Jan 3, 2013.

1. TeachSeattle

TeachSeattle New Member

Jan 3, 2013

Anyone live in Seattle and want to join me in starting a Christian Preschool/PreKindergarten?

3. WaProvider

WaProvider Fanatic

Jan 4, 2013

Oh, I would love to....I live in the other half of the state....so the commute would be a killer ;)

Have fun! I loved running my own business!

4. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Jan 5, 2013

I would but I live in Oregon. I had my own PS and loved it. There is nothing like being your own boss.

I started mine as a playgroup for my 3 year old. I could not find a PS in my small town that I liked. So, I set up some play centers in my basement and invited a few friends to bring their children. I charged a very small fee--like $20 a month. I remember that I used my daughters toys for the PS. I did not have a table, so I put a table leaf on two folding chairs.

The K teacher in town (small town) was a good friend. By the end of the first week I have 11 kids.

Those were good years.

5. jteach89

jteach89 Companion

Jan 14, 2013

I live in NY and I definitely have been considering that. Someone that just graduated runs her own school and is director... Just not sure where to start. But best to you on your endeavors!

6. Miss84

Miss84 Comrade

Jan 14, 2013

Unfortunately im on another coast, but I'm also interested in starting a Christian based Preschool/PreK program. I'm looking to do that within the next 2 years.

7. melnm

melnm Companion

Jan 27, 2013

This is my dream as well. I live in a really small town with one Christian school (where I also work). It wouldn't work out for me to start one here, but we may possibly move within the next 2-3 years and I plan to be ready to start one when we do. If not, I'm thinking about going to the next town over and starting one there! Good luck and let us know how it goes!