Starting a New Year

Discussion in 'Special Education' started by Zelda~*, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Zelda~*

Zelda~* Devotee

Aug 22, 2010

Hi all.

Every year I always plan for an academically full schedule starting out--and then find that I have back waaaay off for a while, while the students adjust to the "back to school" routine. :lol:

Anyone else have this problem?

3. bethechange

bethechange Comrade

Aug 22, 2010

**raises hand** Me!

That's why I think year-round school (with longer breaks built in over the course of the year) would be really good for my kids.

4. Zelda~*

Zelda~* Devotee

Aug 22, 2010

Hehe, I'm glad I'm not alone.

My supervisior has really pushed inclusion hard for this year, so I'm trying to balance everything and remind myself a fuller schedule will eventually be possible.

5. mom2mikey

mom2mikey Cohort

Aug 22, 2010

LOL - I have already taken things out of my schedule and the year hasn't started. I know things will go much more efficiently this year as a result of some staffing changes that were made at the end of last year but I looked at it again and I decided that I'm overestimating how smoothly it will go and I need to modify the schedule (although I'm still imagining smooth... I just know that changing and toileting 10 students will probably take more than 5 minutes given only one of the 10 is fully independent - lol).