Star theme?

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by Pencil Monkey, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Pencil Monkey

Pencil Monkey Devotee

Jul 2, 2007

i'm going to be starting in a brand new school in august. I've already seen my room. The school decided to paint the walls dark red (almost burgundy) and a golden yellow. There are no windows in the room. :( One wall is curved like an arc of a circle (all the rooms radiate in a circular form)

Does anyone have any creative ideas for incorporating a star theme into the classroom? I already found a cute bulletin board set for a star student of the week.

3. OtterMom

OtterMom Comrade

Jul 2, 2007

Yes! I think a star theme, and perhaps tying in to outer space and the Solar System would be great!

4. OtterMom

OtterMom Comrade

Jul 2, 2007

Yes! I think a star theme, and perhaps tying in to outer space and the Solar System would be great!

We did a "Blast off to Learning!" beginning of school theme. There is an Outer Space Classroom Theme package here in A to Z (just put outer space theme in the search bar), or you can search other sites.

Maybe you can get some Buzz Lightyear ("To infinity...and beyond") Disney things to use.

I think Carson-Dellosa has stars & planets borders, and I think I have seen astronaut room decorations somewhere.

Oriental Trading sells packages of different size stars if you want to stick them around or suspend them from your ceiling. (They also have little alien erasers and stuff, I think.)

There are great space and solar system posters available at your local teacher store.

Good Luck!