star student

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by bugaboo, Aug 18, 2008.

1. bugaboo

bugaboo New Member

Aug 18, 2008

I am looking for ideas for my star student board. Mainly, what questions to ask them about themselves (ex: favorite food, number of brothers/sisters, etc)

Thank you:D

3. LvToyFoxTerrier

LvToyFoxTerrier Rookie

Aug 18, 2008

Learning Palace has posters you can buy that the students can color, add photographs and has places where they answer various questions like the ones you suggested. I use these and it is nice because when you are done displaying it in the classroom they get to take their star student poster home!

4. teacher36

teacher36 Comrade

Aug 18, 2008

A person they admire; what they like most about school; their birthday; and of course their favorite things (food, color, TV show, etc.

5. Mrs_Barrett

Mrs_Barrett Cohort

Aug 18, 2008

I'm doing this in my classroom and was thinking about starting with myself. Do you all think that is weird? That way parents can get to know me and etc. Plus that way the bulletin board is made up for when I do it with the students.

6. WaProvider

WaProvider Fanatic

Aug 18, 2008

We have a staff one-it isn't wierd. Do it!! They will see you as a person then maybe.

7. bugaboo

bugaboo New Member

Aug 19, 2008

I have featured myself on the star student board as well. The kids love it, they think it is fun to see pictures (baby ones and all) of their teacher!

Thank you for the suggestions!:thanks:

8. Mrs_Barrett

Mrs_Barrett Cohort

Aug 24, 2008

I posted this on another thread, but when I have my students do this. I want to have them do special activities with their parents during that week and bring them to school to show off. Does anybody have an activities that we could do? I was thinking of reading to their child, making an art project together, and coming for snack.