Staples will match free laminating

Discussion in 'General Education' started by BethMI, Jul 31, 2007.

1. BethMI

BethMI Cohort

Jul 31, 2007

I called my Staples and they will match the Office Max free laminating-just BRING IN the coupon. I would also call first to be sure. But for those of you who don't have an Ofiice Max nearby, or it's too crowded, the turn-around, etc. this might be an option. :)

3. patsfan82

patsfan82 Rookie

Jul 31, 2007

Thanks! The nearest Office Max is 30 min away from me, so I'd rather go to Staples down the street. I'll be calling tomorrow!

4. Miss Bliss

Miss Bliss Companion

Jul 31, 2007

Where do I obtain this coupon?

5. patsfan82

patsfan82 Rookie

6. ranger1stgrd

ranger1stgrd Companion

Aug 1, 2007

I also read somewhere that today Aug. 1st at Staples it was teacher appreciation day. Does anyone know if this is true.

7. vannapk

vannapk Groupie

Aug 1, 2007

BEWARE!

I read on another board that the Office Max free laminating offer is only good for ONE ITEM!!!! Somebody said they called corporate and that is what corporate said. I knew it was too good to be true:( I know some people at a-z said they called their Office Max and they said "bring it all in", it sounds like corporate isn't communicating very well with the stores. I'm not getting my hopes up until I hear from people who have actually went and done it.

8. Princess_De

Princess_De Rookie

Aug 1, 2007

I just called 3 Office Max's in my area, and they told me only ONE item laminated per person. :mad:

9. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Aug 1, 2007

I called yesterday and they said there's no limit....What is going on??:(

10. mrs_u

mrs_u Rookie

Aug 1, 2007

zoe...is the office max in the chicago area????

11. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Aug 1, 2007

I want to know the teacher appreciation question answer too.

12. wldywall

wldywall Connoisseur

Aug 1, 2007

I called the Office Max in my area and they said there is no limit, I just might have to wait a while to get it back. Call your local store, if they don't offer no limit, call the next closest one.

Teacher appreciation day in my area I think is Aug 23, call your local store

13. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Aug 1, 2007

Mine is AUgust 4. Go to Staples.com to find out.

14. Princess_De

Princess_De Rookie

Aug 1, 2007

I called Office Max again and asked to speak to the manager. She said that her employees were misinformed and that there will be NO LIMIT on the number of items brought in. :up:

15. njeledteacher

njeledteacher Cohort

Aug 7, 2007

Interesting. I wonder if Staples will do the same thing. Keeping my fingers crossed.

16. njeledteacher

njeledteacher Cohort

Aug 7, 2007

Now I have to think what I need laminated??? Choosing one thing will be hard.

17. WindyCityGal606

Aug 7, 2007

If it's the same offer as Office Max, there is no limit!!! :2up:
    I'm having trouble putting together a bunch to take again in two days!! I'm still trimming things from last week!!! I did over 100 items!! My poor fingers!!!

18. njeledteacher

njeledteacher Cohort

Aug 7, 2007

That's awesome! Hopefully the one near me will do it too. What kinds of things did you laminate? Does it take poster sized things?

19. WindyCityGal606

Aug 8, 2007

Anything...call your store and ask them the specifics

20. kiraj

kiraj Companion

Aug 8, 2007

Tomorrow I will be taking in all of my calendar stuff, desk tags, posters, bulletin board die cuts, number line and alphabet for the wall, and 30 folders. They'll LOVE me!

21. njeledteacher

njeledteacher Cohort

Aug 9, 2007

That's nice...my Staples never got back to me when I called and I talked to the manager. I'm going to go today with my Office max coupon and stuff to be laminated.

22. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 9, 2007

We DON'T have a limit. :woot:

23. newteachfl

newteachfl Companion

Aug 9, 2007

Mine doesn't have a limit either! Last week I dropped off all my posters and calendar stuff and today I dropped off stuff for centers. I felt bad, because there was probably three hundred little index card center related things, but they didn't seem to mind! She said it'll be done tonight! I love Office Max :)

24. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

Aug 9, 2007

I took my stuff in last week and I have a ton of stuff. I was going to go today but Im tired from the family outing that we had and I need to finish my room at school.

25. kdw1913

kdw1913 Companion

Aug 9, 2007

No limit at my OfficeMax! I dropped off my things for laminating today!

26. WindyCityGal606

Aug 9, 2007

I took a ton of stuff in today!!!! Way more than last week!! All my BB borders!!!!Whoooohoooo!!

27. AlliBob

AlliBob Rookie

Aug 9, 2007

There is no limit at my OfficeMax as well. I have brought in tons of stuff for the past two Thursdays and they don't seem to mind. I love OfficeMax! :)

28. monica

monica Comrade

Aug 9, 2007

I took TONS of stuff LAST Thursday that I still haven't gotten back. They told me it would be a week though, the entire "printing/laminate" area back there was covered in stuff!! I called yesterday just to check on it and she said that they were still working, they'd call when mine was ready and she was sorry. I said "bless your hearts because tomorrow is Thursday again"!!

I am going in a little bit to drop a 2nd load off, though I haven't seen the first!!

Thankfully I teach at a private preschool and we have a few weeks to go before school starts. I'm just soooo thankful it's free I don't know what to do with myself.

29. kiraj

kiraj Companion

Aug 9, 2007

Ohhhh.... good idea about the borders! I hadn't thought of that. I have a ton. Is it worth it do laminate those too, or do they keep pretty well?

30. chicagoturtle

chicagoturtle Fanatic

Aug 9, 2007

Gosh, usually I have 100's of things to laminate, but with going to a new school, I don't know my needs. Maybe I'll make some file folder games before next week, but I'm just not in the school mode because I don't know my needs yet...

31. monica

monica Comrade

Aug 9, 2007

The border depends on where you put it and for how long. I for sure laminate what I put on my door or in the hallway. It gets beat up big time and the laminating helps it last MUCH longer! What I put up in my room to leave (like around the calendar area, where it doesn't change) I don't really "have to laminate it". If it's seasonal and I put it up and take it down, I laminate. It does help it last longer!!

...and for the record. When I got back tonight, they called about the first set of stuff!......

32. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

33. njeledteacher

njeledteacher Cohort

Aug 9, 2007

Well I just got some stuff done at Staples today, and will bring more next Thursday. I also don't really know what I need done yet, but I'm working on it.

34. wldywall

wldywall Connoisseur

Aug 9, 2007

I love this tool! I bought one when I picked up my first laminating load, and wow, I cut it all out in about 2 hours. Which is pretty good considering I had over 60 items!

35. WindyCityGal606

Aug 9, 2007

Ok...I'm sold!! How much are they?

36. kiraj

kiraj Companion

Aug 9, 2007

Cool! I looked it up, and it's only 7.59 at Office Depot. They didn't have it on the Office Max site, but maybe in the store. If they do, I'll definately be getting one when I pick up my laminated stuff tomorrow. Thanks for sharing!

And thanks for telling me about the borders. Maybe I'll take them in next Thursday.

37. WindyCityGal606

Aug 10, 2007

I was at Office Max today to pick up my $470 worth of free laminating!! They don't carry that tool. I'll go to Office Depot to look for one tomorrow. I think $8 is worth it!!! I can't use scissors on all of the trimming I need to do!! They said I have over 200 feet of lamination!! :eek:

38. wldywall

wldywall Connoisseur

Aug 10, 2007

WOW That is a lot of lamination! I am not sure how you came up with all that stuff to laminate, but good for you for really taking advantage of a good offer! I have already dropped off two loads, the first one cost $198, so we will see what the next one will be like.

As for that tool, I found it in the scissors isle, and in the pens isle. Check Walgreens, Walmart, Staples, and Target (in the back to school section) I have seen it in all of those places. Also there is a coupon for it in the teacher appreciation stuff from Office Max. OH, I only paid $4.99 for mine.

Good luck

39. WindyCityGal606

Aug 10, 2007

The coupon SURE is in the coupon book!! I had three employees telling me they didn't carry it!! GRRR!!! And they were smiling. Maybe they wanted to make it hard for me since I gave them so much work to do!! LOL
    Ok...I'm going back to buy one tomorrow! Thank you!! The book is just sitting in the bootom of my purse.

I was able to find so much stuff because I took in every single thing I could think of to laminate!! Hey, it's free and the quality is good!
    So...free and good is even better than cheap and good!! :lol:
    I have about 400 index cards for next week. I use them for my take-to-your-seat centers. I will find more stuff by then!! :)

40. wldywall

wldywall Connoisseur

Aug 10, 2007

I just won to ebay auctions for National Geographic maps, guess who is going back before Sept 13??? One lot of 23, the other of 30......

Did I happen to mention I like cool maps???

41. WindyCityGal606

Aug 10, 2007

I'm not familiar with the workings of ebay...does this mean you just bought some maps? I know it's bidding so you won the bidding? Congrats!:2up:
    What are the maps like?
    I already had a set of world maps...the size of place mats...and they are that sturdy plastic. They are used all the time!!