Staples Teacher Appreciation in Aug

Discussion in 'General Education' started by vsimpkins, Jul 26, 2010.

1. vsimpkins

vsimpkins Comrade

Jul 26, 2010

3. MATgrad

MATgrad Groupie

Jul 26, 2010

What are these like?

4. vsimpkins

vsimpkins Comrade

Jul 26, 2010

The are in the morning 9am - 1pm on a Saturday. They give out a bag, some new things like pens, highlighters, post it notes, pencils, etc It's all free and you don't have to buy anything that's the great part.

5. shasha379

shasha379 Devotee

Jul 26, 2010

I actually got a flashdrive one year. :thumb:

6. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 26, 2010

But it's nice if you do make purchases as well. They usually have some good back to school sales promotions going at the time of the appreciation event- it's nice to appreciate the businesses by purchasing something.

7. ecochick

ecochick Rookie

Jul 26, 2010

The staples near me is actually having theirs July 31st. I went last year and it was very nice. They had a local spa giving free 10 min massages and you got gift certificates to a local bakery in addition to the awesome gift bag with post-its, pencils, pens, notebooks, etc. Very worth your time, also a great time to stock up on back to school supplies.
    One thing I've found at our Staples. If you are a member of their teacher rewards program, they will often let you buy more than the limit of the items that are on sale. Just something to ask about.:) Staples ROCKS when it comes to appreciating teachers. OfficeMax and Office Depot usually do something too in my area.

8. msmullenjr

msmullenjr Devotee

Jul 26, 2010

My Staples last year had a scavenger hunt and two or three other games. They had breakfast, and a raffle. The sales were pretty good and I bought a few things that I hadn't already bought at earlier sales. I recommend going.