Staples Sale!

Discussion in 'Debate & Marathon Threads Archive' started by goopp, Jul 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

2. Brendan

Brendan Fanatic

Jul 7, 2007

What are usually in the staples grab bags?

3. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 7, 2007

new stuff companies are just putting out...
    post-its
    new color sharpie markers
    potato chip bag clips
    heck, sometimes, I just like the bag!!

4. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Jul 8, 2007

FUN, especially for the pencil sharpeners! I am quite excited after this post because I should stock up on the sharpeners fast. :)

5. djmondi

djmondi Comrade

Jul 8, 2007

Make sure you let them know you are a teacher - the cashier told me that if you are a teacher you can get 15 of everything per trip in the store that is on sale - not just 3 or 6. :)

6. Superteacher81

Superteacher81 Comrade

Jul 8, 2007

My Staples let me get 25 of everything when I told them I was a teacher! I can't believe how much stuff I got for the price!

7. alto1jr

alto1jr Rookie

Jul 8, 2007

I am Hispanic as well, but what I learned is that it is actually called a boligrafo (sp?).

8. born2teach84

born2teach84 Comrade

Jul 8, 2007

mine said only ten :( I am going back tomorrow. All I wanted was the folders. It took me eight minutes and 11 cents for ten folders. :)

9. wldywall

wldywall Connoisseur

Jul 8, 2007

My stores would cut me no breaks for being a teacher. So I had to get tricky. I went back over and over again, but I had to buy something else with the 1 cent stuff to get past them. The one closest to me only let me go twice, the one in the next town over, I got 10 trips, but I also got my daughter and 3 of her friends to help.....we were doing good until one of them puked. UGH. Well lets just say they remembered me.

I have the three ring binders for the 6th graders, the pencil cases for my colored pencils (the boxes they come in from my school catelog break as you open them the first time, and are useless after that!) pencil sharpers for the group baskets (extras because I expect some to grow feet) no where near enough pencils and folders.

I have to go back for more pencils. I still need scissors, then I am done.

Less than $100 later. Can't complain about that can I?

10. goopp

goopp Devotee

Jul 8, 2007

My Staples let me get 30 of everything. They also price matched the poly binders from Office Max (they were on sale for 25 cents each). Next week they will have notebook paper for 15 cents a package. They have that deal at Office Depot now, and they let me buy 30 packages there, too. By Wed or Thu, you will be able to pull up next weeks Staples circular on their website to see what else will be on sale.

11. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 8, 2007

esta bien!

ok, I found out that poster asked for help with her Spanish over two weeks ago! ;) So that's my fault for getting this thread into learning the names of things in Espanol!

you say couch, I say sofa
    you say soda, I say pop

we all say --- Hooray for freebies!!!

12. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 8, 2007

you know, you can always go to another store :rolleyes:

I went to one JoAnn's and they wanted a checkstub, a letter from my boss, and a tax id number! Jeez, I thought she was going to ask for a test tube of blood too!

I went to another JoAnn's and she just gave me the application! When I finished it, she rang up my stuff, and didn't even ask for none of those things!!

13. born2teach84

born2teach84 Comrade

Jul 8, 2007

I am going to do that tomorrow. The other store is far away and I just didn't want to drive all that way. Tomorrow I am going to hit the one by my house and then head to the other store. :) Hopefully they wont be sold out.

14. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 8, 2007

15. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 8, 2007

call b4 you go!

well don't burn your gas!! Call first, tell them your name and you are a teacher, and ask them to save some at the customer service desk for you!

16. Mable

Mable Enthusiast

Jul 8, 2007

I went today and bought 3 packs of pencils (limit 3) for a penny. Sort of disappointed-don't know what I expected. Didn't buy much else.

I bought 33 bottles(no limit) of 20 cent glue at Wal-Mart and 8 packs of 88 cent markers as well. I love the no limit.

17. OhThePlaces

OhThePlaces Cohort

Jul 8, 2007

Thanks so much for the heads up!

I went once this morning, and then again a couple of hours later, recruiting my husband and friend to come with me the second time! ;)

Since I had my teacher I.D. with me, I was able to get 25 of the folders, instead of 10.

At the end of the day, I ended up getting...
    -- 12 Elmer's glue bottles
    -- 12 Manual pencil sharpeners
    -- 12 Sliding pencil cases
    -- 12 8-packs of pencils (96 total!)
    -- 25 1/2 inch binders
    -- 55 folders
    All for under 10 bucks!!!
    [​IMG]

The woman at the register said that people were trying to sneak back in with wigs on!!
    She even said that one woman stuck a $20 in her infants mouth and held him out in front of her (since there's a limit per customer) :eek: :wow:

18. janlee

janlee Devotee

Jul 8, 2007

Staples in Riverdale, NJ Rt. 23 North) allows teachers unlimited amounts on the 1 cent items. (actuallly the manager said he allows teachers unlimited on all of their sale items) They just ask for ID. I bought 28 sharpeners, 28 pencil cases, and 60 pkgs. of pencils. It cost me about $1.25. ( I also stated this on the Gen Ed. site. Didn't know there was a Staples thread)

19. fort worth gal

fort worth gal Rookie

Jul 8, 2007

The staples in lake worth, Texas lets teachers get 20 of each. I couldn't get it cause I am a new hire and don't have an ID or any paperwork yet :( But the lady felt bad for me and let me go out to my car and come back in a few times.

20. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 8, 2007

LOVE your floor OhThePlaces!! Was that your home or school? what do you call that tile??

21. AbbyR

AbbyR Rookie

Jul 8, 2007

We went through the line LOTS of times

My daughter went with me today - they let us get all we wanted, but we had to get only ten per trip through the line. So we bought ten folders or pencils or whatever, then went to the back of the line. It took while, but I got lots.

I can't find the composition books for anything less than $1 each at our Wal-Mart or at Staples, so the kids will have to buy their own. I bought 25, but that's it.

22. Mable

Mable Enthusiast

Jul 8, 2007

I guess I should have shown my id to get more. Maybe later this week. Our Staples is new and pretty quiet so I am sure it'll be ok to wait.

Our Wal-Mart had composition notebooks (black and white kind) for 50 cents and regular spirals for 10 cents.

23. goopp

goopp Devotee

Jul 8, 2007

Our Walmart has all their composition books for 50 cents. They will also match the Staples price on folders with no limit here.

24. OhThePlaces

OhThePlaces Cohort

Jul 8, 2007

Thank you! It's the tile in our home.... my classroom has old carpet... LOL. I'm not sure the name of it though. :)

25. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 8, 2007

you must search through your garage or basement etc. and find the box! if I get a color, style or brand name..I am on the case!

26. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jul 8, 2007

ROFL! I used to do that at Brookshires (grocery store), when they would have great sales with limits on things. I would get in one lijne, my daughter in another, and my hubby in the third! We got some wonderful deals that way! ;)

Sadly, the closest Staples to me is over an hour and across a state line away! :( It's not fair!!!! WWWaaaaaahhhh! Okay, so we have Office Max, Office Depot, Hobby Lobby, Booksamillion, and Barnes & Noble (and JoAnns, too). I can still whine because we don't have staples, lol. :angel:

27. sarzacsmom

sarzacsmom Groupie

Jul 8, 2007

Just to let everyone know-the sales associate at Staples informed me that the limit for teachers is different than the sales flyer indicates. the limmit for teachers is 15 instead of 3!!

28. sarzacsmom

sarzacsmom Groupie

Jul 8, 2007

staples sale

When I went today the sales associate at Staples informed me that the advertised limit of 3 does NOT apply to teachers. The limit for teachers is 15!

29. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jul 8, 2007

The staples in Nashville said the same thing. Call corporate if yours doesn't let you get more than 3. Last year when I was in Ft. Worth, I got unlimited at the one on Denton Highway.

I got
    20 orange folders for my behavior folders
    25 red for a friend
    10 misc colors for center activities
    60 packs of pencils (fingers crossed they are better than last year)
    10 pencil boxes for my treasure box

30. moonbeamsinajar

moonbeamsinajar Habitué

Jul 8, 2007

I took my husband, mother (who is 82), and daughter to one store where there was a limit of 3 on most of the items I wanted. Then we drove to the next store, where they let me have a 15 item limit, because I was a teacher. Then we went back to the first store, and I only needed 1 more of each item, but I bought 3 of each, just because I could! Ha!

31. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 8, 2007

You guys are all getting nutsy cuckcoo on me now!

Your 82 year old Mom---moonbeams! Tell me she had a scooter cart!

going to check on my dinner. Have fun! You sound like your own kids, spreading out your new stuff, that you can't wait to play with when you start school! How many times did your parents tell you to put it up before you break something! ;)

32. moonbeamsinajar

moonbeamsinajar Habitué

Jul 8, 2007

No, no scooter car for her. She can still out last me!

33. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 8, 2007

well bless her heart...okay guys, have fun shopping...I think I will go work on my grad paper!

bye...

34. daisy8869

daisy8869 Rookie

Jul 8, 2007

I'm in North Carolina and my staples let me have unlimited amounts of everything except the glue. I got 125 folders, 6 binders, 10 packs of pencils, 10 sharpeners, and 3 bottles of glue. My grand total: $3.88!!!!

35. born2teach84

born2teach84 Comrade

Jul 8, 2007

Im jealous I am in NC and they said no. I hope to go to another store tomorrow and see what they say! I just want to stock up on those folders!

36. Mrs.Gould

Mrs.Gould Comrade

Jul 8, 2007

Try Wal-Mart for the folders! They just put them at 1 cent today in my area to compete with Staples and there is NO limit! I actually think they are better quality than the ones at Staples, however, not as many color choices.

37. teachmemath

teachmemath Companion

Jul 8, 2007

Man all this talk is making me jealous. I can't get to the stores until later this week. I'm glad to hear everybody got great deals and found what they were looking for :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.