Staples printing option ?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Detour12, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Detour12

Detour12 Rookie

Jul 24, 2018

Hi
    for the time being i plan on printing at staples for color. For boardmaker pictures. I don't go to school anymore but still will be using boardmaker for my one person use. (counseling) Making visuals to help me. I Printed a few already. not bad came to about 3 and change. Printed about 4 to 5 page. the only problem is that is about 30 mins alway. I am saving for a color laser printer. What do you think is there any better options for me?

ecteach likes this.
  3. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jul 24, 2018

Does your local library have computers and printers? My library charges 50 cents per color page to print.

4. Detour12

Detour12 Rookie

Jul 24, 2018

Yes do they charge sales tax? I do have a local recycling center they have free houehold items and often printers might stop by there hopeful i can grab one that will hold me over

5. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jul 24, 2018

I print posters at the UPS Store. They were the least expensive option for me. I needed some glossy small posters printed in color. We have a poster printer in our building, but I haven't learned how to use it yet. I'm 20-25 miles from the closest office supply store.

As far as a small printer, I have a personal print/scan/copy machine with Instant Ink, so I don't have to worry about running out of ink and buying ink. It's fantastic. I don't print very often from home, so I have the free plan that allows me to print 15 pages a month. I only print more than that a month during the month before school starts when I need to get my classroom ready. The printer was only $49.

6. mathmagic

mathmagic Enthusiast

Jul 24, 2018

Definitely check your library out! Our library system does 75 free prints (B&W = 1 print, color = 3 prints) each week per account!

7. Been There

Been There Habitué

Jul 24, 2018

If you work in a large district, the district print shop may be a potential resource. Where I used to teach, I introduced myself to the printer who offered to print large colored posters for me. There was also an order form for multiple copies that could be submitted a week or two before they were needed. There was no charge for teachers.

8. Detour12

Detour12 Rookie

Jul 24, 2018

Okay I have check my libray website and they charge 20 cents per a page in color. is there any sales tax invoiced ?

9. vickilyn

vickilyn Magnifico

Jul 24, 2018

I would be very surprised if there was, but a quick email should answer that question for you.

10. Detour12

Detour12 Rookie

Jul 24, 2018

Okay Thankyou everyone! I will be printing at the library for now on

11. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jul 24, 2018

With inkjet printers, it's actually smart to spend more for an office-quality machine: ink cartridges may be more expensive per cartridge, but each cartridge will print significantly more pages and print quality will be better (as in, I can't remember the last time I DIDN'T print draft quality).

12. Been There

Been There Habitué

Jul 24, 2018

Have you already thoroughly investigated all in-house printing options, including asking your principal and veteran teachers what they would advise you to do? I wonder what other professions in the public sector require workers to pay for copies needed for their jobs? What better way to use public funds than to print instructional support materials for students. I'd like to know if any principal routinely pays for copies needed for administrative purposes! Why isn't there any push-back?

13. bella84

bella84 Aficionado

Jul 25, 2018

I got the impression that the OP no longer works for a district given that he/she said “I don’t go to school anymore.” I could be wrong though.

14. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jul 26, 2018

nope

15. Detour12

Detour12 Rookie

Aug 16, 2018

I went to school as a student but graduation and use the boardmaker software for personal use with my counsellor. But i do work at a school but in the cafe but i since this is for peronal use and not work related i probably can't print there