Staples/Office Depot Teacher Day dates

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by thomps6, Aug 3, 2007.

1. thomps6

thomps6 Companion

Aug 3, 2007

Does anyone know how to find out when the special teacher days are at different stores? I think they usually are the second weekend in August. I remember getting lots of fun free stuff! Thanks a bunch!

3. moomoo8960

moomoo8960 Rookie

Aug 3, 2007

I know that Staples had their penny sale twice already in NJ - not sure if they will be having another. But I just check the circulars every week in the Sunday newspaper.

4. k.contreras

k.contreras Companion

Aug 3, 2007

I called and check my local Office Depot to see when they would be hosting the Teacher's Appreciation Breakfast and they said it would be August 18th from 9-11

5. Touchthefuture

Touchthefuture Comrade

Aug 3, 2007

Staples has their teacher appreciation Day tomorrow for South Florida.

6. love2teach

love2teach Enthusiast

Aug 3, 2007

I called each one to find out....I did not see info on the websites like I have in the past!

7. kiraj

kiraj Companion

Aug 3, 2007

Depending on the location, Office Max is either yesterday, today and tomorrow, or August 23-25. They do giveaways and stuff. Also the free laminating on Thursdays until September. I'm super excited for this coming Thursday!

8. Touchthefuture

Touchthefuture Comrade

Aug 4, 2007

I went to Staples today for Teacher Appreciation Day. They gave out one of those accordion type folders with paper, pens, paperclips, etc. in it. They also handed out nice planning books. It was worth it. They did not have any great sales but things were tax free.

9. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 4, 2007

I completely forgot about Staples today, yet I have a lot of office supplies. I'll be okay.... or will I? :confused:

10. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Aug 4, 2007

Yeah we had the staples thing here today. I decided sleeping in would benefit me more. I don't really need anything anyway!

11. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 4, 2007

I have so many labels, scissors (teacher and student), markers, pens, and glues... it's ridiculous!!! :woot: I slept in and got the best sleep I have had in the past few weeks!

12. Mrs_Barrett

Mrs_Barrett Cohort

Aug 4, 2007

You didn't miss much. I got one of those plastic expandable file folders with pens, highlighters, post it notes, paperclips, and a sharpie. I didn't buy anything while I was there, because they weren't running any specials...

13. dumbdiety

dumbdiety Comrade

Aug 4, 2007

Same at my Staples. They (for some reason) had their sales LAST week, with the nickel pencils and erasers. Don't need to buy any more of either all year! :)

14. Mrs_Barrett

Mrs_Barrett Cohort

Aug 4, 2007

When I asked about specials, the lady said that Staples sent out an email. I checked when I got home, but there was no coupon. So I went to Target and got some school supplies. :)

15. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 4, 2007

I got the freebies at Staples (as well as Dunkin Donuts coffee and a donut) and bought a couple of things and used some of my $3 off coupons from turning in ink cartridges.

Then I went to Big Lots, which had 10% off for teachers. They had more coffee and donuts, and gave away another planner that had stickers and bookmarks in it. The best buy Big Lots had was a cute box filled with teacher stuff - award certificates, postcards, bookmarks, stickers - and loads of each. $5.

16. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Aug 4, 2007

Today is big lots if you have one.

17. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Aug 4, 2007

I went to Big Lots today too and was totally disappointed. They didn't have any of the coffee or donuts (even though the ad said they would), they didn't know where the free planners were (but found them after I waited for like 10 minutes), and they didn't have anything special set up for teachers.

Plus the store smelled like pee. This is now the 4th Big Lots I've been to in three different states, and all of them have smelled horrible and looked filthy. I won't be going back.

18. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 4, 2007

Oh, yuck. Mine is a mess, but doesn't smell, thank goodness. Mine had the coffee and donuts up front for any customer to have.

19. daysy_may

daysy_may Groupie

Aug 5, 2007

I went to Big Lots yesterday, and they were giving 20% off instead of 10, they said the district store made a mistake. Then I also got a coupond for a new Mexican restaurant a couple of doors down for 20% off as well.

20. tlp62832

tlp62832 Rookie

Aug 5, 2007

I saw that little box with teachers stuff. Was it worth buying for $5.00? I picked it up but put it back. If it's good I'll go get one.
    Thanks