Staples Desk Apprentice-Alternative uses

Discussion in 'General Education' started by paperheart, Nov 17, 2010.

1. paperheart

paperheart Groupie

Nov 17, 2010

I bought the staples Desk Apprentice a few years ago, but I never seem to get it to work well. It tends to gather stuff that probably needs to see the trashcan. I decided not to use it for organizing my desk this time around, but it must be good for something else.

Does anyone have a creative use for theirs?

3. sundrop

sundrop Cohort

Nov 17, 2010

I got a smaller version and actually love it on my desk. Maybe you could use it as part of an art or writing center and fill it with supplies for the students to use.

4. ecsmom

ecsmom Habitué

Nov 17, 2010

Good idea! You could put their writing folders or journals in the middle, it holds a lot. Use the sides for paper and the corners for pens and pencils.

I do use mine on my desk. I have my TEs in the middle, student folders on one side and other folders on the other sides. I keep pens, markers and scissors in the corners.

5. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Nov 17, 2010

Could put it in a faculty or planning room with extra supplies.

6. tgim

tgim Habitué

Nov 18, 2010

I like mine. I use the center for current chapter files for LA, Math, Sci, SS, and files for our RtI or small group time. I use the side file holders for student checklists and team meeting files, as well as a "warm fuzzy" file for the lovely letters and pictures I receive (after I display them for an appropriate time period).

If you know of a scrapbooking friend, or a card-maker, you could pass it along.

I like the idea of keeping student files in it...and teaching the students to file their own tests and/or parent notes that should be kept....